Chapter Eleven- Nadia

Start from the beginning

"what the fuck!" She exclaimed, trying her hardest to twist out of Petras reach, to stop her merciless attack on her locks. Truthfully, Nadia couldn't give a single shit about her hair but she knew to keep Petra safe and to live long enough to hear what secrets needed to be shared, she would have to revert to her childish self, the one that used to bicker with Petra over who was prettier, over who Ivan liked more. The children are now women amid bloodshed.

"Let's see what he makes of you now, you ugly fuck," Petra spat, laughing as she stood back to admire her handiwork.

"I've been after a haircut for a while now," Nadia goaded back. "take a step closer and maybe I'll give you one too.'' Her jaws gnashed together, biting and licking her lips through a rumble of insane laughter. Petra had the decency to look horrified at the action.

"you're a mutt," she snarled at the assassin. "one I can't wait to see put down."

It was strange, how easily they fell back into their old back and forth, the years apart hadn't changed all that much.

"I'd say it was an improvement," came a rough voice from the doorway behind Petra stilling them both. Theo stood, arms crossed, looking all too smug with himself and Nadia felt that darkness slithering under her skin. "But I'd be lying."

"You should come a little closer and take a better look," she smiled, nothing but venom lining her words. That man, no matter who he once was to her, killed Jade, and Nadia wasn't going to forget that any time soon.

Theo rolled his eyes at her and strode forward, standing next to Petra. "Come," he said, taking in Nadia's battered and bruised body, judging his chances of taking her on if she decided to attack. "Ivan is waiting for you."

Nadia clicked her tongue in distaste. "He can come to me for all I care. If he wants

my presence that bad, he knows where to find me."

"You've been down here for long enough now that you will have memorised the place," Theo began speculating, "Every crack, every crevice, every weapon just within reach. If I'm right, you will have figured out at least four ways to seriously maim anyone who gets too close. My guess? You only let Petra get so close because you hoped she would be stupid enough to give you something you could use as leverage, some tidbit of information that may prove useful."

He was annoyingly correct. Although it was about seven ways and counting.

"But even a cat has claws." He said with a hint of humour lining his eyes.

"Aw, come on guys," Nadia pouted, "just because I reset the bones in my fingers doesn't mean I can cause that much damage."

Theo stared at her, somewhere between pissed off and amused.

"So," Nadia dragged out the word, "no Ivan?"

"No, fuckwit,'' Petra snapped, "Ivan isn't coming to you, you're going to him."

"Fat chance."

"Hard way or difficult way, kiddo," Theo stated. It was impossible to get a read on him, he was so still, there was nothing in his eyes, it was like everything she once knew about him had been wrong. Yet those few months prior, he wanted to help. What had changed? Why was he here?

"I'll pass," Nadia yawned, lowering herself back to the floor to curl up and take a nap. "nighty night."

"Difficult way it is." Theo sighed as if it was genuinely paining him to talk to her for this long.

Blinding agony took over as something landed, heavy, against her foot. A crowbar that he had stashed away in his back pocket.

"Fucking hell!" She called out, letting her anger fight off her wanting to cry in pain. "Right, alright! I'll come with you, Jesus. But one of you has to carry me, there's no fucking way I'm going to walk to Ivan now."