(I know. My child. But your Aunt's right.)

"Par chachu-,"

"We can talk later, Bacha. Abhi mein ek important Kam mein busy hu. Hum baad mein baat karege. Theek h?"

(My child, we'll talk later. I am busy with something important right now. Ok?)

"Jii."

(Ok.)

And the line was dead.

I looked at the phone with a sad face and looked up hearing a commotion.

Rahul bhai was retreating to his room shaking his head at me.

Yeh, insan!

(Insan = Human)

Ruko aap. Mein na aapko keh rhi hu. Ek bar Ane do meri bhabhi ko. Phir dekhti hu mein aapko.

(Just wait til I get my sister-in-law. I'll see you then, brother.) 

I looked back at my phone when I heard a trin-trin of notification.

It was a message from the Kindle app and I remember the incomplete book. The one that was to be released a day after my birthday.

How could I forget it?

I ran to my room with the intention of completing the book. Today.

I flopped on the bed and sank into the soft mattress. With my legs hanging in the air I opened the book and continued my reading.

It was a murder mystery one. I was so engulfed in finding who the culprit of Adam was that I didn't pay attention to the time.

No, until my room door opened and Chachu entered the room. At the same time, the book was going to reveal the culprit.

I groaned but sat straight on my bed, closing the app.

"Jii, Chachu?"

"Apki Chachi mein Hume bataya ki aap pichle 4 gante se aapne kamre se bhar nhi ayi h. Khana bhi nhi khaya h.-

(Your aunt told me you haven't left your room the past 4 hours. You haven't eaten. -)

'Are nhi nhi nhi. Ye toh galat fehmi ho gyi.' I thought.

(No no no. It's misunderstanding.)

- Aap unse yu naraz nhi ho sakte h."

(You're angry with her.)

"Chachu-"

"Humri baat abhi Puri nhi Hui h." He said that and I shut my mouth.

(I am not done yet.)

Ohh no! Ye toh problem ho gyi.

(Oh no! I'm in trouble.)

"Aap ko samajh na hoga ki hum jo bhi kar rhe h aapko bhalai ke liye hi h. Humne ye toh parvarish nhi di h ki aap yu muh rusa kar bath jaye koi baat ho toh."

(You need to know. Your aunt is doing all this for your own good. We have not given you such teachings where you will get angry with your elders and we won't even say something to you. The way your are behaving is not our teachings.)

I looked at him with wide eyes, shock, and a sad face. Whatever you call it.

Mera toh asa koi intention hi nhi tha. Mein toh sirf novel padh rhi thi. Faltu mein hi meine chachu-chachi woh upset kar diya.

(It wasn't intentional. I was only reading novel. I have them upset, now.)

"Aap abhi choti h iska matlab ye nhi ki aap jo bhi karengi hum sen kar lenge ya andekha kar denge. Aapne aaj jo kiya h na woh bilkul theek nhi h."