3. Her birthday

Naintara's POV~

Dressed in a blue anarkali suit I walked through the corridor of our two-story peaceful home. The jhumka I was carrying today created a soft whisper in the morning hue.

"Good morning chachi." I greeted my Chachi as I reached the kitchen where she was preparing Aloo Paratha for our breakfast.

"Mera bacha," Chachi said, patting my cheeks.
(My baby)

"Aapko meri madat chahiye?" I asked though I could see the work was almost done.
(You need my help)

"Bas ho Gaya. Tum apne Chacha aur baki sab ko bula lo."
(It's almost done. Go call your uncle and everyone.)

"Ji."
(Ok)

At the same time, my Chachu entered the kitchen asking,

"kya h khane mein?"
(What have you made?)

The moment my and Chachi's eyes met we burst out our laughter.

"Kya hua?"
(what happened?)

"Ji Kuch nhi. Aap dining table pe jae hum paroste h."
(Nothing. I'll serve, go to the dining table.)

"Theek h." My chachu was still confused.
(Ok)

Aww. Cute.

Soon everyone was present at the dining table while Chachi and I served everyone.

We will always eat together no matter how busy a person is. We were eating when my eyes fell on the last aloo Paratha and I decided It would be mine.

Just as I was about to reach it, Rahul bhai out of nowhere snatched it from my reach.

I passed him a glare for taking my aloo Paratha from me, to which he only smiled as a response.

Being sad I was looking at my plate when half aloo Paratha appeared on my plate. I looked towards Rahul bhai who was acting as if nothing had happened.

With a genuine smile, I was back to devouring the piece and in my perennial view, I noticed Rahul bhai shaking his head.

I looked around the table where Chachu and Bhai were talking about a recent case. While Chachi had a constant smile on her face. And Anvi was listening to what Bhai and chachu were talking.

Our family was short and perfect, not like some typical family from some Indian drama.

My chachu and Chachi have always taken care of us. Which didn't fade a bit after our parent's death.

I was too young to remember the details of them. The only thing I possessed of them was the bracelet they had their love mark on. Which I too lost.

"Chachi mein college ja rhi hu. Galdi karo na Rahul bhaiya. Anvi chal terko school chod de."

(Aunty, we are going. Be Fast brother. Anvi let's go we'll drop you.)

"Aayi. 2 min dii," Anvi replied.

(Coming, just two minutes.)

"Aa raha hu. Aa raha hu." Rahul bhai said stuffing the bite of aloo paratha.
(Coming)

"Pata nahi itni kitni deri ho rahi hai isko," Bhai murmured picking his bag from the couch.
( Why does she have to be like this?)

"Aati hu Chachu."
(See you, Uncle.)

"Ha, sambhal ke jana beta."
(Take care)

Ending the conversation, we walked out of the house and settled in our car. On the way to Anvi's school and our college, we were vibing to the songs playing on the radio.