1. Longing

10 months after~

Author's POV

A beautiful girl wearing her night suit was standing near the balcony of her room, gazing at the moon of the night.

The longing in her eyes was evident to the moon and nature.

During the day, her studies, friends, and family kept her busy but as soon as the night came, with it came the thoughts of that unknown someone.

And it was no different today.

Naintara's POV~

That night I lost two things. My heart to an unknown man and the last belonging I possessed of my parents.

I thought the thoughts of the unknown man would soon fade like a dark whisper of the night. That this was temporary. But I was wrong.

He lived here, right in my heart. He was present in my life even when he wasn't.

And it seems like magic, the way these 10 months flew by. In his thoughts. My college and studies. And family time. Just like that my 10 months was...boom.

Heaving a sigh, with a last look at the moon I picked my book from the side table and moved deep into the darkness of my room sliding the door of the balcony closed behind me.

Somewhere in Rajasthan~

A man was sitting on the head chair in the otherwise dark office. The moonlight is the only source of light in the dark room.

The moonlight falling on the bracelet made it shine like a star in the lonely darkness. Just like the man's situation.

His eyes possessed the same longing they had for the past 10 months. It's been too long but he still wasn't able to find her.

He might have believed her as an angel if not for the bracelet in his possession. He would have thought it was the magic in his moments of darkness.

That's how much she resembled an angel. And that's how dreamful and easygoing he was before the accident.

The accident forced him to change to a reserved, stoic, crude man.

"Where are you, Angel?" He whispered in his deep voice.

He was trying not to tighten his fist around the bracelet, afraid that even a slight force might break the only belonging of hers he had in his possession.

He has a name in the underworld and has been ruling Jodhpur with his tight fist but still, there isn't a sight of her. He isn't able to grasp where he was making errors.

Is his power so useless that he has not been able to find his angel?

The bracelet and the engraved Veena were his only source of finding her. But so far he hasn't been successful. Even the hospital didn't have a record of her.

But he remembered it. That angelic beauty she possessed. And her sweet little voice.

He still remembers some of them -her babbling- when she thought he wasn't listening.

Abhiveer's POV~

I was deep in my angel's thoughts and the peaceful silence of my office when a knock resonated through.

"Come in," I ordered.

The door of the office opened, resulting in the light to follow my P.A. inside,

"Sir, we have a meeting in five minutes." He informed me shuttering.

I don't like it when they shutter.

Heaving a sigh I nodded my head and walked towards the exit of my office. Not before picking up my blazer, which was hanging on the head chair of my desk in the center of my office.

My office, which had one side of its wall covered in bookshelves. And a couch set on the other side.

There were not many employees at this time of the night as many of them had already retired to their houses.

And as of my P.A., he is well aware of the shabbier side his business holds. He knew but at the end of the day, his decision would always be to stay away from that side of the business.

I had the same thought a year before.

When I was forced to change my personality from carefree and ongoing to a reserved, stoic, and crude one.

I sometimes miss that personality where I could live freely without caring for the danger every minute of my life.

Before a year I had always avoided the mafia business our family conducted.

Now look who I had turned into for the world.

Most of the meetings and dealing related to our mafia side have been handled by my Chacha but he was sick at the time.

So the duties were transferred to me in the meantime which forced my P.A. to take part.

All the heads turned my way as I entered the conference hall. Some with fear while some, burning with jealousy.

But it didn't matter to me. I wasn't the one going to deal with them for a longer time.

As in queue, I remembered my chacha's warning he gave me while handling the job,

'Don't kill anyone. Keep your anger in an isolated place for a day.' his words to me.

And then it was the start of the meeting when I took my respective place on the head chair.

______________

This was the longing they had for each other but no one knew how to overcome that. But maybe...maybe God did.

He didn't know, what he knew was he would find her no matter what. Even if he had to turn the world upside down.

That much desperate for her he was. But somewhere he was afraid. Afraid to lose those memories. Afraid to never find her.