Chapter 16: Chaos in Herbology Class

The Herbology classroom was abuzz with excitement as the professor explained the intricacies of magical plants to the eager students. Hermione, in particular, was practically beaming with enthusiasm as she eagerly observed the various specimens laid out before them.

However, amidst the lively discussion, one student seemed to be more preoccupied with mischief than with their studies. Robastian, a notorious troublemaker, was playing with one of the plants, paying little attention to their professor's warnings. Suddenly, the plant snapped shut, its teeth sinking into Robastian's hand.

A wave of panic swept through the classroom as Robastian cried out in pain, his classmates rushing to his aid. The professor quickly intervened, applying a healing salve to Robastian's wound and ensuring that he was alright.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the classroom, Archon stood beside Hermione, his attention momentarily diverted from the commotion. Seizing the opportunity, he leaned in and asked if he could invite Hermione for a butterbeer later that evening.

Hermione hesitated for a moment, caught off guard by the unexpected invitation. But then a smile spread across her face, and she nodded in agreement, her curiosity piqued by the prospect of spending time with Archon outside of class.

Unbeknownst to Hermione, however, Tom had been observing the exchange from across the room, his expression unreadable. Something about Hermione's smile as she accepted Archon's invitation didn't sit right with him.

Determined to put an end to the budding connection between Hermione and Archon, Tom discreetly cast a small spell on the plant that had bitten Robastian. Quietly, the plant began to grow, its vines slithering across the floor towards Archon's feet.

As Archon and Hermione continued their conversation, unaware of the danger lurking nearby, the plant suddenly lunged forward, its sharp teeth sinking into Archon's ankle. With a startled cry, Archon stumbled backwards, his eyes wide with shock as he tried to shake off the plant's grasp.

The classroom erupted into chaos once again as students rushed to Archon's aid, their professor quickly intervening to subdue the aggressive plant.

*****

Archon found himself being escorted to the infirmary, his ankle throbbing with pain from the unexpected attack. Hermione Granger followed closely behind, her expression etched with concern as she watched Archon being led away.

As they reached the infirmary, Hermione hovered anxiously outside the door, her thoughts consumed with worry for Archon's well-being. She paced back and forth, wringing her hands nervously as she waited for news of his condition.

Inside the infirmary, Madam Pomfrey bustled about, attending to Archon's injury with her usual efficiency. She applied a soothing salve to his ankle and gently bandaged the wound, her skilled hands working to alleviate his discomfort.

Archon winced slightly as Madam Pomfrey tended to his injury, but he remained remarkably composed, his gaze fixed on the doorway where Hermione stood. Despite the pain, a faint smile graced his lips as he caught sight of her concerned expression.

Meanwhile, Hermione's anxiety only seemed to grow with each passing moment. She longed to be by Archon's side, to offer him comfort and support in his time of need. But for now, all she could do was wait anxiously for him to emerge from the infirmary.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the infirmary doors swung open, and Archon emerged, his ankle wrapped in bandages but a reassuring smile on his face. Hermione rushed forward to greet him, relief flooding her features as she reached out to offer him a supportive embrace.

"Are you alright, Archon?" Hermione asked, her voice laced with concern.

Archon nodded, his smile widening at Hermione's evident concern. "I'll be fine, Hermione," he reassured her. "Thanks to Madam Pomfrey's expert care."

*****

Tom Riddle sat beneath the ancient oak tree, his mind swirling with dark thoughts and sinister plans. He couldn't believe what he had just done – casting a spell to sabotage Archon Malfoy's attempt to woo Hermione Granger. It was a petty act, beneath someone of his ambition and intellect, yet he couldn't deny the satisfaction it brought him.

As he sat there, contemplating his next move, Tom knew that he needed to focus on his ultimate goal: achieving power and immortality. He couldn't afford to be distracted by petty rivalries or fleeting emotions. No, he needed to be ruthless and single-minded in his pursuit of greatness.

With that resolve in mind, Tom decided that it was time to visit the Gaunt shack – the decrepit home of his ancestors, where he would make his first Horcrux by murdering his own father. It was a dark and twisted path he was embarking upon, but one that he knew was necessary to achieve his ambitions.

Playing with the ring on his finger – an heirloom passed down through generations of the Gaunt family – Tom felt a surge of anticipation coursing through his veins. This would be the first step towards immortality, towards becoming the most powerful wizard the world had ever known.