04.

Anika heard her voice being called.

"Dr. Anika to the emergency room." She rushed upstairs.

"What do we have?" She asked wearing her gown.

"Jumped from seventh floor. Spine fracture. Six fractured ribs. Punctured lung. Concussion. Internal bleeding." She nodded at the summary.

She walked in the operation theatre and her blood ran cold.

No.

It can't be.

Not him.

The world around her stopped.

"Anika, this isn't time for being emotional. He needs you. Save him." The doctor warned her.

The words rang in her head.

Save him! Save him! Save him!

Those were the only words in the brain as she focused on suturing the wounds. She cleaned up the blood. Her hands working on their own as she forced her mind to act professionally. She can't bear the thought of losing him.

And after seven grueling hours.

The longest seven hours of her life.

She collapsed on the floor as soon as she exited the operation theatre.

"What is doing here?" She heard a woman screech. Her patience was now gone. Till now she had been tolerating her for his sake. But not anymore, he was so close to losing his life just because of her. She will never forgive the woman in front of her.

"You should be glad I haven't had you thrown out of the building." She muttered her eyes cold.

"Choti maa, control yourself. She's the reason our brother is alive right now. Your son is alive right now." Om hissed.

"She's the reason everything is taking place as such. She's the cause of my son's misfortune. She is the reason for his pain. Of his sufferings. Ever since her steps have fallen on our house, my son, your brother, has only suffered." Tej and Jhanvi moved to stop her. While the elder of the house wept quietly on the metallic chairs while Priyanka comforted her.

"Enough choti maa. We won't hear a word against her. You have blackmailed her. She obliged. She walked out of his life knowing that it would kill her. But she did it for him. You did it for yourself. You forced him to get engaged to Ragini. He was broken and you couldn't see that. He was dying with each passing second ever since she left. He had been reduced to a living shell. But how could you see that? You were far too busy in the celebration of your victory and in the preparation of the marriage of your satisfaction." Pinky quietened down. "You don't love your son Pinky Singh Oberoi. You love the image of him."

"How can you say that huh? I had done so much for him. I lied that he was illegitimate so that I could blackmail her. And like a fool she believed in the lie and accepted all my terms." With that her world crumbled.

It all had been a lie.