03.

Another month passed and Anika was didn't know what she should feel. One part of her was happy that Shivaay didn't set foot in the hospital while the other part of her longed to be near him.

She removed her gloves throwing them in the bin as she washed her hands. She frowned she didn't know when her tears started to mix with the water running down from the faucet.

"Anika?" She looked up startled. "Hey, Mallika." She greeted. She dried her hand in a towel as they made their way to the exit, their shift was over. Mallika was shooting her worried looks but Anika ignored them.

"Are you okay? You have been awfully quiet the past months. If it hurt you so much then why did you divorce him in the first place?" Mallika asked her, confused.

"Sometimes love is about letting things go." She answered. Mallika shook her head. "No, that is the excuse that you give to yourself. It sounds like a pure bullshit to me." Anika blinked at that.

"Anika, I don't know why you guys divorced. That is not my business but from what I can see is that you are both suffering from it. He hurts himself so that he can see you. You don't know how weak he was, when he was brought to hospital a few months ago. He was bleeding profusely yet all that left his mouth was your name. He was calling you out in the weakest moments of his life. He had a heart attack, Anika. Because he was stressed about not having you by his side." Anika closed her eyes at the painful reminder.

Mallika looked at her phone for a moment before she turned to face her colleague.

"I don't want to talk about it———besides. Besides he didn't get admitted in the hospital this whole month. That's progress. He's recovering—" Anika mumbled.

"Or moving on." Mallika finished for her. "Your prayers have been answered."

"Huh?" Anika was confused. Mallika showed her the news.

Confirmed; Business tycoon Shivaay Singh Oberoi is all set to marry Ragini Malhotra.

Anika ignored her breaking heart as she read the article. Mallika was shooting her pitying looks but her mind was occupied somewhere else.

Her plan worked. Her plan, to stop Shivaay from causing more harm to himself.

She had told Om and Rudra to send Shivaay to the restaurant where she will fake that she was on a date. To give him the illusion that she has moved on. She had seen the fury in Shivaay's eyes, when Vikram her fake-date saved her from a fall.

The news confirmed that her plan was successful. He was moving on. He will be okay now. She didn't care about herself anymore.