02.

Anika rubbed her forehead in frustration.

Why? Why did he have to come back again? Every single time when she was trying to be strong for both of them his broken expression crossed before her eyes. The look haunted her.

She was the reason of his pain. The pain she herself had given him. But it was for his own good. She can't see him break when he found the truth.

How she hated the woman. The woman who hurt her own son so that her ego could be satisfied. She couldn't believe how she was able to kill the happiness of her only son, the son who wouldn't think twice before sacrificing his life if asked.

She gazed longingly at the wallpaper of her phone. It was him. Always have been him.

"I'm sorry, Shivaay. I wasn't strong enough to fight her. I can't see you breaking into pieces." She cried. Her was heavy with grief.

"Please don't hurt yourself like this. I can't see you in pain." She pleaded.

The past days had been hard on her. She has lost her smile and the glow. Her life turned monotonous the day she was thrown out of his house. By him. But she didn't hold that against him, she was trying to provoke him.

Her phone rang. She was surprised to see that it was Om.

"Bhabhi?" She smiled at the name. "I'm not your bhabhi anymore Om." She answered quietly. "You'll always be. Nothing changes the fact. And Shivaay's condition is the proof of it." He argued. She chuckled through her tears.

"How long, Bhabhi?" It was Rudra's voice. Anika herself didn't know the answer to the question.

"How long will you hurt yourself because of someone like her?" Rudra asked. She couldn't bring herself to answer him. "Let me tell bhaiya. He will make everything alright once again."

"Have you gone mad, Rudra!" Anika admonished. "Name, blood, lineage. They don't matter to us. But it matters to him. If he knows about the truth that Pinky aunty is hiding, he'll break. They—"

"Then we'll be there to hold him together." Om assured. "We'll be there to catch him when he falls. We promise that. But please end this torture. It's not only hurting him but you too." Om begged but she shook her head not that he could see her.

"N-no Om. He'll get better in a few days. Give it time. He has to. He's Shivaay Singh Oberoi." She assured them hanging up. The words seemed pathetic to her ears. She leaned on her pillow and wept silently.

The next morning she woke up to a call. She picked it up. "Don't you think you should inquire about my well being?" She rolled her eyes.

"No why should I?"

"Because we're lovers."

"We divorced three months ago, Shivaay." She said firmly.

"So, Divorced Lovers?" And she hung up the call.