Chapter III - Playing with fire

I never heard something so crazy. Me, without my hoodie and all the baggy clothes? Maybe that was the reason he wasn't attracted to me. Who am I fooling? I don't look like a model. I may just have the face of a model, but this body will never. I mean, I am not that bad, but still.

Lucy rummaged through my wardrobe, pulling out clothes and tossing them aside in frustration. "I can't believe that! Is there anything feminine in this wardrobe? What is that? Oh, look, a hoodie! Wait, wait, oh, there's another hoodie! Seriously, K?"

"What?" I defended myself, feeling a bit self-conscious. "I just like these baggy clothes, they make me feel more comfortable."

Lucy scoffed, her eyes scanning my collection of oversized clothes. "I am sure for a fact that you have more than your brother now. Still hoping you're not into girls with these outfits!"

"Now you're just mean!"

Me, into girls? Not in this life! I never was attracted to girls, even if some of them tried to kiss me. Not a single feeling about it. Na-ah!

Lucy's search persisted until finally, triumphantly, she exclaimed, "Found it! That's what I was looking for."

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow skeptical as she produced a skirt from the depths of my closet. "The skirt we used to wear in the first semester? I don't think that would still fit me, anyway."

"Of course it will!" Lucy's confidence was unwavering. "You'll never know until you try it."

I watched in disbelief as Lucy triumphantly brandished the skirt, holding it up like a victory flag. How did she even find that skirt? I thought I'd hidden it away in the most obscure corner of my wardrobe. I just hated wearing that skirt, attracting all those stares... Wait a minute. Exactly! Everyone was staring at me when I used to wear that skirt. That's it! He would definitely look at me differently if I wore it.

"Oh my god!" I nearly startled her with my sudden outburst, my eyes widening in realization.

"What? That sounded like you just discovered Everest." Lucy curled an eyebrow, curious about my sudden excitement.

"I might've just done it, girl! Do you remember the times we used to wear this skirt and all the stares we got? Exactly!"

"That is why I was looking for it, duh, you stupid!" Lucy's voice was filled with playful sarcasm as she waved the skirt in front of me.

So that was her plan all along. Oh, this little schemer. She knew from the start that this would be the best outfit. I mean, I only have this skirt and two or three dresses, and that's it. The rest are clothes I've stolen from my brother. Kidding, people, I'm kidding!

"Oh, hell no! No fucking way! I am not wearing that even if it's my last day on earth." I recoiled at the thought, shaking my head vehemently.

"But girl, just look, you will look like a goddess! Those titties will look good in it after all this time. And you want them to look good, don't you?" Lucy teased, wiggling her eyebrows mischievously.

"But, Lucy, not this shirt. It's too revealing, even for me." I hesitated, eyeing the shirt warily.

"Then why do you have it in here?" Lucy's grin widened as she posed the question, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

This girl! She really knows how to get under my skin. I can't deny that the blue shirt with the long, low-cut neckline wouldn't look good on me. But boy, it makes me feel so uncomfortable. Confidence is key to pulling off sexy clothes, and that's something I lack. I mean, I'm not confident wearing anything revealing.

"Ok, ok, I'll take it. But just this once, ok? Never again." I relented, a hint of reluctance in my voice.

"We'll see about that." Lucy's smirk suggested she had other plans in mind.