32

(smutt)

I sat on lips bed with my knees pulled to my chest. Slowly I brushed my hair out of my face as I sighed. "I don't know what to do." I said with a small laugh. Lip and I were talking about what happened on the night of the wedding.

Lip had informed me on him and Mandy ending things, well, Mandy ending things. He had also told me that Mandy hit Karen with a car. That didn't take me by surprise.

It had become a semi regular thing for lip and I to talk in private while every one was either gone, or asleep.

"With Mickey being married and Ian being stuck on Mickey, I feel like I've been pushed to the side." I continued on as lip stood up to get ready for the day.

"I see where you're coming from." He said pausing for a second to pick up Liam from the hallway. "I say, do whatever the fuck you want. Stop caring so much."

I nodded my head and leaned my back on the wall as he left the room. I sighed and shook myself out of my thoughts before pushing myself off the wall to go back into Ian's room.

"Well, hello, military man." I said in a slightly flirtatious tone as I walked in on Ian dressed in his ROTC uniform.

He didn't say anything just gave a small chuckle before picking up his bag and walking up to me. He planted a small kiss on my cheek before walking downstairs. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly as I watched his walk downstairs.

Quickly I followed behind him and stepped into the kitchen.

"Wow, Ian. Looking sharp." Debs said slightly sarcasticly. I stood leaning on the wall next to the stairs and I watched him grab a banana.

"Thanks." He responded with the same energy.

"What, you got ROTC on the last day before Christmas break?" Lip asked sounding slightly suspicious of Ian.

"Yea, they're hanging some sort of winter ceremony." He leaned over grabbing his ROTC back as lip and I exchanged confused looks. "Later." He said before opening the door and walking out.

Almost in sync lip and I walked out the door to follow him. We jogged slightly catching up with him down the alley. He was acting especially strange this morning.

"Yo! G.I. Jane. Slow down." Lip shouted as we caught up to him.

"Don't wanna be late " Ian said waving us off.

"Glad to see you out of bed. Though we were gonna have to put you on suicide watch. Take away your shoelaces and bedsheets." Lip joked as we matched speeds with Ian. I looked down at the ground I was walking on, slightly insecure about how little Ian had paid attention to me these past few days.

"No need." Ian let out in a tone just above a mumble. "Moved on. How many times you need to hear no, right?"

"Well, uh. I guess now that Mickey milkovitch is out of the picture you two can go back to being a regular suburban couple." Lip said pointing I the two of us. Ian didn't say anything, so neither did I.

"Catch you after school." Ian said before turning the opposite direction.

Lip and I stopped for a moment and watched Ian walk. I looked up at lip for a second before looking back at Ian down the road.

"What is going on with him today?" I asked crossing my arms before turning to walk to school. Lip quickly followed behind. "So, no more Michigan, huh?" I asked as we walked. The sudden absence of jimmy-steve had led everyone to believe Michigan to be off the table.

"Nope. Fiona barks at me anytime I bring it up." He said pulling out a cigarette. It's like he read my mind. He pulled out a second and handed it to me as well as the lighter. I smiled at him as thanks and li pthe cigarette before giving his lighter back.