30

"Karen got hit by a car? And Frank became a gay icon all while I was gone? Jesus I missed quite a bit." I spoke to Ian at the kitchen table after I was dropped off by Scarlett that morning.

"You still had fun though, right?" Ian asked looking up from his papers.

I thought for a moment about what I did after the show. His number was still un named in my phone. A single message from Gerard from that night. "Yea, it was lots of fun." I said with a smile.

"How many slaves do you think George Washington has sex with?" Carl asked Fiona as she walked out of the bathroom in her office get up.

"Less than Lincoln more than Jefferson." Ian answered for her.

"Ian that bruise is healing well." Fi said as she packed lunches.

"Who beat you up, again?" Carl asked sitting down across from me.

"No one. ROTC, hand to hand training."

"Marines still fight with their fists?" Carl asked confused.

"In certain situations, yes."

"Then what's the point of building nukes if we ain't nuking anybody?"

"Gross national product." Fiona answered.

"Can I use last night's chicken bones to make soup?" Debbie asked coming down the stairs .

"As long as they're not in the trash." Fi answered her. "Lip hear anything new about Karen?"

"Still asleep." Debs answered.

"Karen or lip?"

"Both."

"I'm gonna go upstairs for a bit. I'm a little hungover." I said to Ian passing Jimmy on the stairs with Liam.

As I entered Ian's room I began to feel anxious and nauseous. My mind raced and I couldn't tell if I was going to vomit or faint right there.

Oh fuck. It was vomit. I immediately rushed to the toilet and puked what felt like all the food I've had in a week out. As soon as I was finished I grabbed some toilet paper and wiped off my mouth and leaned against the wall, out of breath.

I threw the toilet paper in the toilet and flushed my insides down the toilet.

"Hey are you okay? I thought I heard something." Ian asked quickly walking up the stairs.

"I'm fine." I said shaking my head. "Just threw up a bit."

"That hungover, huh? Lemme get you some Advil." He said walking back down to the kitchen. I don't know if it was so much of me being hungover or my anxiety about what I did after the show. Sleeping with some guy I literally just met. I didn't even know his name. What is wrong with me?

"Here you go. And some water." Ian handed me the pills and glass of water. I took them quickly and drack most of the water.

"Thank you. Can you help me up I want to lay down." I said reaching out for Ian to help pull me up.

He leaned over and helped me pull myself up then was me to the bed and got me comfortable.

"Stay in bed for today. I'll see you after school." Ian said brushing my hair out of my face then leaning down to kiss my forehead.

I smiled at him before he left. Before I knew it I was asleep again. My sleep was basically dream less. Most of what I had dreamed of was little bits and pieces of the day before.

I re awoke around 2:30. Just a few minutes before Ian gets back home from school.
I rolled around for a few minutes before finally dragging myself out of my cozy nest I had created during my nap.