11

"How do you not die of boredom every day?" I asked ian as I leaned against the counter at the kash n grab where Ian and Mickey work.

"Magazines." Ian answered showing off the magazine he was reading. " And well, you now. " He smiled at me.

I looked over to the door to see lip walk in as someone else walked out. Oh Jesus. The two of them haven't spoke since their fight. Lip walked in and grabbed a beer out of the fridge before coming up to the cash register.

"Grammys back." He said to Ian.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Who's that?"

"Franks mom. Just showed up, in an ambulance. Y'know she, uh she didn't even call." Lip went on as Ian stared at him in silence before ringing his beer up. "How fucked up is that, huh?" Ian just stared at him. "that's it? Nothing? You're just gonna give me the chin? " They paused for a moment it was like they were having a silent staring contest. Lip looked away for a moment before slamming his hands down on the counter and walking off to the tomatoes. He picked one up and threw it right onto the ground. "How bout now?" Lip shouted before picking up two more and throwing them against the walls. "Really? Still nothing?"

"Lip stop your being irrational." I said pushing myself off the counter.

"No?" Lip shouted at Ian completely ignoring me as he picked up a watermelon and smashed it on the ground before stomping out.

"Jesus Christ." I mumbled. "I can help clean up before Linda sees." I said to Ian as he took a sip out of lips beer.

"Thanks." Ian said in an upset tone. I mean of course he was upset his brother just trashed the place he works.

***

By the end of the day lip and Ian were still not talking. Being at their house and gotten way more akward since their fight. Not to mention, Ian and I hadn't told anyone we were in a relationship. We had just continued living on the same as before except with a little making out whenever we're alone.

"Hey, do you wanna be my plus one at Karen's reception tomorrow?" Ian asked me as we settled in my room. Ian asked me if he could stay here a few nights to avoid lip.

I sucked air in through my teeth. "really?" I tilted my head. "Karen hates me. We've never even officially met but every time she sees me she calls me some form of slut."

"She'll warm up to you." He replied as he huddled up under my blankets.

"I'm not sure about that. I think your gonna have to go at it alone. I'm sorry." I said curling up next to him.

We smilled at eachother for a moment.

"I think I'll survive." He said before lightly bring my forehead closer to him to plant a kiss on it.

***

I skipped the wedding reception.  I kinda regret not going. Ian told me all the details of the shit that went down. Ian and I sat down in the kitchen eating breakfast while the Gallagher family talked about school and money.

"I can start pitching in. Y'know since I'm over here all the time. My dad puts half his paycheck in my bank account so I keep liking him." I said after Fiona brought up winter jobs.

"No, y/n you don't have to do that." Fiona said after she yelled for Debs to get downstairs.

"Im gonna anyway. What else do I have to buy?" I said to Fiona.

"Okay. Thanks." She responded before walking over to the table and placing small rolls of money Infront of lip Ian and Carl. "School supplies and clothing. Nothing elsem no candy drugs beer or concert tickets. I want receipts. Y/n you need any money for school stuff?" Fiona said walking back to the squirrel fund bin.