2

I slowly woke up to the sound of clatter and conversation from inside, and outside. I grumble to myself and roll over.

I push myself up off my bed to look around at my plain, undecorated walls. I gotta fix that later.

I got up and looked at myself in the mirror before doing my makeup and putting on an outfit for the day. A red and black David Bowie tank top that I pulled back to crop it and some high waisted black shorts with fishnets.

I made my way downstairs to grab breakfast, my mom had already left a little before I woke up. She goes to work at 7.

I grab a pop tart and head outside to see what all the noise is.

"POOLS OPEN" I heard a little girl scream from the house next to me.

The little redhead looked over to me Approaching from around the corner. She got down off the latter she was on and walked twords me.

"Hey who are you?" She asked me with a smile

"Oh I'm y/n I just moved in next door, do you live here?" I asked her putting my hands in the pockets of my shorts.

"Yes and I run a daycare if you ever need to drop your kid off" she smiled at me pointing to the pool.

I giggled and shook my head "yea no kids and don't plan on having any for a while. I uh think I met your brothers yesterday at the Alibi, lip and Ian."

"Oh yeah there inside if you want to go get them" she smiled and lead me to the back door. I thanked her and she wondered off to the pool again.

"Knock knock" I said as I slowly walked into the back door. I closed it behind me scanning the room for anyone familiar. Footsteps came rapidly down the stairs revealing both lip and Ian.

"Y/n when did you get here?" Lip asked leaning on the counter.

"Oh I just came to see what all the pool ruckus was, your sister let me in." I smiled and glanced between Ian and him.

Ian looked at his feet like he was preparing to say something, "hey uh were going to get Mandy to go shopping before this fight club thing we do, wanna join" Ian said.

I smilled and nodded yes as lip headed twords the door. "What are you waiting for let go" lip said rushing us out.

As we walked in akward silence I decided to try and start small talk. "Soo uh how do you guys know Mandy and Karen?" I asked

"School and neighborhood really, Mandy's Ian's girlfriend though." Lip mentioned answering only half of my question.

Something about Mandy and Ian dating made me a little sad I don't know why.

"Yea and lips been banging Karen for a year" Ian laughed a little finishing my question. I giggled trying to hide that, that also made me sad.

"What year of school are you in?" I asked as we got to Mandy's place.

"I'm going into junior year and Ian's going into sophomore." Lip answered me.

" I'm going into sophomore too" I commented smiling at Ian. He smiled back at me with some kinda look in his eye.

I couldn't quite make out what kind of look he had but it was something that's for sure. We had collected Mandy and walked off towards the El to catch a ride to the mall.

"So y/n why'd you move here, of all places?" Mandy asked me while holding Ian's hand.

"Well I had to get away from my dad's house for a while, and it's been a bit since I've been with my mom so we decided to move me in here. I don't mind it here so much I can get away from my alcoholic father wich Is good" I explained pretty briefly to the group.

"Well you'll get your fair share of alcoholics here too, don't worry" lip laughed lighting himself a cigarette.

"Hey got one of those to spare?" I questioned leaning closer to him. He pulled out an extra, put it between my lips and lit it for me.

The entirety of our small interaction gave me butterflies i don't know what about him was special but I felt safe around him.

As we waited for the L in basically silence other than the conversations around us, our train finally got here. All of us crowding on, me sitting on the very end of the row next to some smelly probably homeless guy.

The man was seemingly passed out until a little into the ride I noticed he had been shaking and starting at me.

I look at him with a confused face before I noticed he was jerking off right next to me.

"Ugh dude what the fuck!" I yelled getting right out of my seat to stand next to lip.

"Woah whats going on?" Both lip and Ian asked

"Fucking perv is jacking off right next to me" I yelled at the guy, he seemed to have no problem that I was pissed off and yelling. Neither did anyone else in the train, they just kept minding there own business.

"Dude get the fuck out!" Lip yelled at the guy as the train reached a stop. When the guy refused lip grabbed a drink from someone and threw it at the guy finally causing him to get up and off the train.

"Ugh what the hell" I mubbled putting my hands in my hair and trying to calm myself.

"Y/n are you okay we can get off right now if you want." Lip put his hands on my shoulders and tried to comfort me.

"No no I'm okay thank you but I just need to pretend it didn't happen and I'll be okay" I stated sitting back down. I forced myself inbeetween Ian and Mandy, I didn't want to sit next to a stranger again.

Mandy put her arm around my shoulders as a way of keeping me calm. It help a little.