24

The sound of gunshots rang through my ears as I sat on a ledge with Mickey. We sat above Ian doing military training. Mickey decided to shoot to make it more realistic. I definitely wasn't enjoying the ringing in my ears that the shots caused.

"Hey. You know the guy you beat the shit out of at that club?" Ian asked out of breath.

"You did what?" I asked. "why didn't you invite me?" Mickey just continued to shoot.

"He wants me to sneak into his mansion, take all his crap." Ian continued.

"Really?" Mickey said seeming uninterested. "Hilarious." He said before shooting again.

"He can't get it himself. Divorce. Says I can take whatever I want. He's loaded. You want in?"

Mickey didn't respond. This time he shot closer to where Ian was army crawling.

"Jesus! Use blanks, mabye?" He shouted.

"Can I bring my cousins?" Was all he asked.

"Yea."

"Alright I'm in. I don't know what you saw in that geriatric viagroid." Mickey said handing me the last half of his cigarette.

I giggled at his name for him.

"He bought me stuff. Ordered room service." Ian explained.

"I offer to buy you things all the time." I said confused.

"He isn't afraid to kiss me." Ian said looking at mickey. Mickey looked down at his feet avoiding eye contact with Ian.

"You made this akward." I said calmly. "Can we go get lunch? I'll pay." I said adjusting my feet to be under my butt ignoring the uncomfortable feeling of the concrete on my bare knees.

"I'm down." Mickey said tucking his gun into the back of my pants.

"Let's refil the calories you lost." I smiled at Ian as I stood up. "I'm not jumping down there. You have to make your way up here." I said looking down at the steep ledge.

"Somewhere nice? Or fast food?" Ian asked as he walked over to meet us on the ground.

"Umm. Jimmy John's?" I asked as we got the street.

"That works."

***

"Wowie. Is it desert storm night at the cheesecake factory?" Lip asked as Ian and I walked into the house after lunch.

"Why are you acting like a dick to Mandy?" Ian asked as I stood behind him.

"I think that qualifies as none of your fucking business." Lip answered.

"Well she called me from her aunt's house. Said you told her to go home." Ian said. I crossed my arms and leaned on the counter. I was staying out of the argument for now. I don't wanna put up with my best and basically only other friend being treated like shit.

"Is Molly leaving too?" Debbie asked sounding distressed.

"What? No, Debs. Look, man she is always on me about, you know, our plans for the night. And when we're seeing her friends band, what we're doing next week." Lip tried to explain.

"So she liked hanging out with you. That's not a crime."

"I like molly." Debs said again.

"She's not my wife." Lip said bluntly.

"Oh. She's a good person who does nice things for you." Ian said again.

"What are you, her fucking lawyer?" Lip asked getting up closer to Ian.