CHAPTER 24

AMANDLA ZULU

Somehow my ex-boyfriend's mother heard about my 'incident' and so here she is to see me. I honestly don't know how to even feel or act about this lady following me everywhere.

His mom: "MaZulu."

Me: "Hi mah."

his mom: "I know I have become a nuisance but i'm really worried about you and how you are coping with everything you are going through. I know you may think maybe i'm here on some agenda, or whatever reason but I want you to know that I genuinely care about you. I like you so much and I pretty much understand what you're going through."

Me: "Thank you for caring mah."

his mom: "No problem. Let me leave these and leave you." She says walking to my bedside table and places a treat basket and a takeaway bag on it.

Me: "Thank you mah."

his mom: "Oh and I kind of told Simi that you are here and I know she will here as soon as it hits Friday." I giggle.

Me: "I don't mind mah, i'd be happy to see her."

his mom: "Okay bye sis." she hugs me lightly then walks out. I sigh exhaustively then start eating my food.

***

Later on, bhuti drops by with Lindo. They both just sit on the visitors couches quietly. Bhuti is just staring at me while Lindo is glued to his phone.

Bhuti: "How are you?"

Me: "In pain but i'm getting better." he nods exhaling. I turn to Lindo.

Me: "Hey you."

Lindo: "Hi." he doesn't even look at me.

Me: "How was school?"

Lindo: "Fine."

Bhuti: "Put that phone away, your sister is talking to you nje."

Lindo: "But I don't want to talk!"

Bhuti: "Yewena!"

Me: "Bhuti please. Muyeke." he shakes his head.

Bhuti: "How is your wound anyway?"

Me: "It's not as painful as it was before so it's getting better." I'm lying, it hurts like a b*tch especially when during the night and in the early mornings.

Bhuti: "I have hired a stay-in nurse for you who will be looking after you once you have been discharged. She will help with the chores around the house since Lindo has school."

Me: "Thank you."

Bhuti: "What?! I thought you were going to be stubborn about this."

Me: "I can't really be stubborn when I haven't healed."

Bhuti: "I will also be making sure that your therapist has some sessions with you."

Me: "Therapist yani futhi manje?!"

Bhuti: "Kinati."

Me: "Fine." I keep quiet a bit then I remember.

Me: "Bhuti, uthi who brought me here?"

Bhuti: "I did." he frowns.

Me: "Aybo? Where was Natalie?"

Bhuti: "Angimazi." he answers frowning even more.

Me: "I collapsed right in front of her that day."

Bhuti: "What did she want?"

Me: "She mentioned something about her father being sick and I stopped her from telling me more then I collapsed."

Bhuti: "Strange, but I will find out if something odd happened."