Nine

A quick note: I decided to try writing this chapter in 3rd person. I'll probably write future chapters in this perspective as well.
___________________________________

Selina pushed the door open to reveal a room consisting of four people. One of them being Nick, the other body guard, Alyssa, who is the manager, and two others she didn't recognize.

Alyssa crossed her arms, "You're late." Selina took a seat at the table, closest to where Alyssa was standing. "Traffic," she replied.

There was an uncomfortable silence in the room. Selina wasn't usually the type to get anxious, but the thought of loosing her job and possibly getting Billie in trouble put her on edge.

Soon after, Billie barged into the room. Her lips were slightly red and swollen, causing Selina to smirk at her own doing. "I'm so sorry! There was bad traffic." She took a seat across from Selina, her eyes lingering on Selina's longer than they should have.

Billie could feel her heart pounding in her chest and her palms sweaty from the questions her manager might ask.

"Well then, I guess we should get right into it." Alyssa flipped her computer around, revealing the picture of Selina and Billie, the day they got coffee. "Explain to me what is happening in this picture."

Before Selina could speak, Billie piped in. "Why should it matter what's happening?"

Alyssa flashed her eyes at Billie, "Because having security, or a bodyguard that is sexually involved with you, could lead to security risk."

Billie pushed herself off the seat, "That's for me to decide! Last time I checked, this is my life!"

Selina understood her anger, Billie probably felt as if her life was constantly being controlled by others. However, if she kept this up, Selina might as well say her goodbyes now.

"I understand Billie, but we're only trying to keep you safe, and Selina could get fired for such acts," Alyssa replied.

Billie slumped back down in her seat in defeat. "Well, that won't be happening."

Alyssa pointed back at the laptop. "Then what is this?"

Selina broke her silence, "We went to get coffee; I helped her inside the car, and that was it. The timing and the angle make it appear as something that it is not, but I assure you, nothing of that sort is going on between me and Billie."

Alyssa sighed and took a seat at the end of the table. "Nick, tell them what you told me."

Nick scooted his chair closer to Selina more than she would have liked. "That night, when you and I had night shifts at Miss Eilish's house, you suddenly disappeared into her house and didn't come out until a couple hours later."

"What about it?" Selina replied, seeing where this was going.

"What did you do in there for hours?" Alyssa asked.

Selina would have liked to personally thank Nick for Alyssa's questioning, but she decided to keep her composure. "Billie asked for my help."

"With?"

Selina stalled to think of a good excuse. "I don't see why I need to tell you every detail of my work."

Alyssa closed her eyes and sighed in frustration.
"Were you even working that night?"

"Billie was baking cookies and needed me to watch over them while she went away. After that, I helped with house chores. My job is to protect the house, and Billie, I was both by Billie and inside the house, so yes, I was working that night."