Four

___________________________________

Selina's POV

It's 3 a.m., and I can't sleep. I keep replaying what happened last night in my head. I'm a little jealous, which is rare.

Billie walked out soon after she rejected me. I know Billie is interested in me; I can tell by the way she looks at me. I just don't understand why she pushed me away. Unless she really is seeing someone else.

I flip to the other side of my bed.

What's worse is that I have to see her today; she's going shopping, unless she decides otherwise. Which I hope she does, I don't feel like seeing her right now, but then again... I also kind of want to.

__

Billie's POV

I don't know what happened. I wanted to kiss Selina; is that wrong? I don't even know anymore. I just freaked out and fucked up. But she's just so hard to resist...

I enjoy Selina's company, and I hope I didn't ruin what we had. That's why I'm still going shopping today. It'll just be me and Selina; it's my way of apologizing.

My thoughts are soon interrupted by the sound of my phone pinging.

I pick my phone up to see it's a message from Selina: "I'll be there in 20."

I smiled while I read her message. I sent her a message earlier saying I was still going out. To my advantage, she can't say no since it's literally her job.

For the last 20 minutes, I finish getting ready and see a black SUV parked in front of my house. It must be Selina.

I walk out and open the door to the passenger seat.

"Hel-"

"You didn't call to make sure it was me." She says dryly, while still looking straight.

"Oops, I just figured it was you."

"You should be more careful."

I say while giggling, "I hired you to be my bodyguard, not my mom."

I can tell she's trying to hide it, but I see a slight smile creep on her lips.

Now that I think about it, this is my first time seeing Selina out of her usual uniform. She'll be trailing behind me to blend in with the crowd.

I can practically feel the tension between us. So, to lighten the mood, I blurt out, "So, how long have you been at this job?"

"About 3 and a half years, I was a security officer before."

"What made you want to be one?" I ask with genuine curiosity.

"I don't know, I actually liked being a security officer more; I just got offered this job and stuck with it. My dad was once a security officer; that's probably why."

"Oh, that's cool."

The car comes to a stop.

"We're here."

But before she opens her door, I say, "Selina look, I want to properly apologize. I'm sorry if yesterday was weird I just got so confused and scared. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings if I did. I mean I did want to kiss you it's not that, I don't know."

"Billie."

"It was a stupid excuse, I'm not even seeing anyone. I just want today to be normal and fun. Can it go back to that? It's ok if you don't, I just wanted to apologize-"

Selina suddenly stops my rambling by placing her lips on mine.

It feels like there's electricity in my veins, and this time, I don't push her away. I just wish it lasted longer.