Seven

___________________________________

"Fuck! It just doesn't sound right." I say, running my hands through my hair.

"Maybe we should take a break; we've been at it for a couple hours," Finneas says.

"I guess." I sigh in defeat.

Finneas is chilling at my house, and he brought his laptop, so now we're making finishing touches on a couple songs. It's not going well; something is missing, and when we try to add more, it sounds shittier. So, now I'm frustrated.

My thoughts get interrupted by the knocking on my bedroom door.

"I'm going out to get coffee; do you two want anything?" Selina asks while opening the door slightly.

Yeah, Selina is here on duty. I don't actually need security at my house; it's only needed when I'm touring. We've had break-ins in the past, but they're rare, so she is here for a reason... and because I happen to really enjoy her company.

It's been a couple days since the party, so I'm not mad at her anymore; after all, I was just a little jealous.

I don't like the way I instantly perk up just by seeing her. "Actually, can I go with you? I need a break." I ask.

"Yeah, how's the music coming?" She says, while stepping into the room fully.

"Not great, there's something missing, but I don't know what it is. Fin play it."

She takes a seat next to me on the couch and listens to the first 30 seconds of the song. To my surprise, she starts clicking around and adding instrumentals.

"I think this piano run sounds good with your voice, and that the drums should come in later." She looks up at me from the laptop, "The backing vocals are pretty."

I smile, "Thank you, and what the fuck? It sounds better! Where'd you learn that?" I say with an exaggerated shocked expression.

"Me and my friends used to mess around and make music back in high school."

"Well, maybe you should join us in making music," Finneas says jokingly.

"Oh, I could never but I would be honored to." Selina gets up from the couch, "I'll be outside."

"What was her name again?" Finneas asks.

"Selina." I reply.

...

I open Selina's car door and sit in the passenger seat. "Want to know something crazy?"

"What's that?"

"I don't actually like coffee that much, doesn't really do anything for me," I say.

"So basically, what you're telling me is that you're a weirdo."

"Listennn, I still like the taste, but I think it's overrated."

She looks at me with a sly look, "I think you just haven't found your flavor."

"Ok, how about you surprise me? Then I'll be the judge of it."

"Bet," she replies. "How's the eye?"

"It's alright, I've always wanted a black eye, so I guess I got my wish."

She chuckles, "If you ever want another, I got you."

"Will do," I say with a laugh.

After talking about random shit and dancing to music, we pull into a small coffee shop. I've decided to be brave today and go in with her, the coffee shop is small anyways.

"Oh my god, Billie Eilish! I'm a big fan," the cute barista says.

After getting our drinks, I take a selfie with her and walk out with Selina. "Ok, if you got me some whack ass flavor, I'm going to be mad."

"No, but that would be funny, I think you'll like it," She says, while opening my door and handing me the drink.

I stand across from her and take a sip before sitting down.

"So.. how is it?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Fuck you, it's good."

She smiles at me, "Told you so."

Her smile is pretty, and I can't help but to smile back. Our faces are closer than I realize, causing me to glance at her lips.

She does the same, and we both slowly lean in. Until a sound in the distance snaps us both out of it.

Selina's POV

We drive back to Billie's house after already drinking all our coffee. And... getting interrupted from almost feeling her lips on mine again. When I pull into Billie's driveway, I see another car parked.

"Whose car is that?" I ask.

"Oh, just a friend." She says quietly before getting out the car rather quickly.

I follow her inside out of confusion and curiosity.

I hear a man's voice that I don't recognize: "Babe, I've been calling you, where have you been?

Babe?

I look at Billie for an explanation, but she avoids eye contact with me and looks at the floor. "I was out getting coffee with Selina."

"Oh, is this one of the security guards? Nice to meet you; I'm Matt," he says, and holds his hand out.

I don't shake his hand and stare him down until finally replying, "You too." Not even bothered to give a fake smile because who the fuck is this?

I look back at Billie, who's finally looking up at me. I lower my eyebrows at her. Still keeping eye contact with Billie, I ask him, "You two together?"

"Yeah, I'm her boyfriend," he replies.

Guilt flashes on Billie's face, and she looks down again.

I look back at the guy. "I've got to go, see you." I say dryly, walking out the house.

As I'm making my way back to the car, I hear Billie call out to me, "Selina wait!"

"What Billie?" I ask, being curious to hear her explanation but also being too mad to hear it.

"It's not like that." She says, now caught up to me.

"Then what is it?"

She doesn't reply and looks to the side.

I scoff, and walk back to the car, and drive off.

How could she?

___________________________________