𝐯𝐢. drunken memories !

Start from the beginning

Are you okay? she asked, curious. 

Yes, darling. Just fine. There was a tightness in his voice, and Ana knew he was lying. He was not fine.

Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned the making-out thing in front of him. She didn't know what their relationship was, but she knew it was something more than friends. They cared for each other a lot, but not like siblings or family in general. It was something gentle but fiercesomething she had yet to understand wholly. 

Her feelings for Rhys ran deep enough that her heart fluttered when he called her darling and that she felt like she could fly when he kissed her head or her cheek. And let's not forget how her skin buzzed with warmth whenever his hands roamed her bodywhether it be a hug or the holding of each other's hands or what. Something was there and she needed to figure it out.

But first, she had to figure out who the hell she was kissing last night. 

"Yes, I remember that!" Mor pointed to Ana. "After our third drink, we were dancing when some girl came over and told you you were hot. Next thing I know, Ana is making out with her and everyone's cheering them on."

Ana buried her head in her hands, both to hide her flushed cheeks and to erase the smiles on Cassian's and Azriel's faces. "Ugh . . . I hate how kissy I get when I get drunk. I always end up kissing someone. Most of the time it's a girl, but there have been some guys, too."

"You're into both?" Az asked curiously.

She nodded. "Yeah. Though I tend to go for guys more." She tensed up, remembering Lucien's words. Pulling her head from her hands, Ana looked at them. "You guys aren't gonna kill me or something like that, right?"

Rhys frown as he took the chair beside her. "Why would we kill you?"

"Last time I told someone I swing both ways, they said that I would be killed in the courts for it." She could picture the disgust on Lucien's face clear as day. "I mean, I'd appreciate if you guys didn't kill me for my sexuality, but yeah."

Rhysand's face set as he thought about who could have told her that lie. "We have no rules about that. Love whoever you wish to. The only court who is against such pairings is the Autumn Court, but that's because Barron is a dick."

"Cheers to that." Cassian raised his mug and Ana caught a glimpse of a caramel substance within it.

She laughed. "Cass, are you drinking whiskey right now?"

"Yes." He pushed the mug toward them. "Want some?"

Mor held a hand over her mouth, her skin tinting green. "Get that shit away from me before I hurl on your brand new leathers."

Cassian was quick to grab his mug and chug the rest of the alcohol, the stench of it causing Ana's stomach to do cartwheelsand not the fun kind that Rhysand causes. Holding her hand over her mouth like Mor had done, Ana swallowed the bile in her throat and shuddered. She hadn't thrown up in a long time, and she preferred not to do so in front of her potential (absolute) crush and his family. 

"If you will excuse me, I'm off to sit in a dark room for an unknown amount of time until I either fall asleep, throw up, or feel good enough to entertain the idea of social interaction." Ana stood, waving her hand about dramatically. "Goodbye." She made it to the doorway before stopping and turning on her heel. With a sharp look at Cassian, she pointed. "If you even think of pulling something on me, I will string you from the ceiling by your wings to replace the chandelier you broke two nights ago. Understand."