AA V1 Alagore, Chapter 12

"To Priestess Erada, we have received your report regarding recent events within the Nevali Region. We congratulate you on securing the Altaerrie personnel from Kallem Verliance. We believe the Temple of Light will be pleased by the knowledge of these humans.

Once the Temple is secured, we demand that all equipment and survivors be transported to Palonpulas as quickly as possible. Based on early mind reading from your mages, the Altaerrie seemed to be a dark, lightless world that believed in many false Gods. For us to continue to spread the ever-expanding Domain of our God's light, we will need to learn everything about them for their "future correction".

For now, give the current Lord of the Aristocracy the usual treatment. Bless his troops for how the Krata is gazing upon them at this moment. That the Unity blessing is grand, and if they remove the sickened souls from their lands, their families will be touched by our once the current cleansing against the Coalition has been complete.

We bless your stance and await the final report on this current event." - Odessia Eraunis-Horkuo of the Temple of Enlightment

March, 5th, 2048 (Military Calendar)

Salva, the former Confederacy of Daru'uie

Nevali Region, Aldrida, Alagore

*****

Walking through the streets of Salva, a city he could barely find on a map the week before. Now, Kallem Verliance had conquered the town twice then, becoming one of the most critical places in the world. More if he failed to defeat this enemy here and now.

As the Vampire Lord stood on the old stone city street, scared from the recent battles, he noticed one of his generals, a J'avias approaching, Oralit'ee, the head of the Kajia Clan. Like the rest of his kind, they were slightly shorter on average than the Lats and Nagals human types. He had tanned skin with his long black hair that dropped to his shoulders, breaking past his dark purple helmet and his long beard around his square chin.

The man was one of Kallem's elite generals who had sworn to serve him. Three generations ago, the previous regime of the clan had exited their home from Hispana. In an agreement, the Vampire Lord agreed to hand them a City-State and, in return, serve the Aristocracy until the end of times.

"My lord," Oralit'ee said. "We brutally defeated the Altaerrie. I believe I was correct. They are just as weak as the other powers."

While the General was an accomplished soldier, Kallem had always been annoyed by the constant arrogance toward the J'avais human cousin species. He ignored the clan leader and stared at the enemy's bulky vehicle. It was still tilted in the ditch, with the side fuming from the Amplifier and the Accelerator Walker attacks.

Seeing the other dents and scorch marks around the hull, the Vampire Lord was impressed by how much damage the enemy construct could withstand. The amount of engineering that had gone into the vehicle without any visible signs of magitech was possibly equal to the Unity level of engineering and crafting. While different, he saw the alien logic for why the Altaerrie valued heavily armored constructs over agile ones. But he already could see the vehicle's weaknesses: However, the enemy would be forced to use roads and wide paths to move, which he found strange. The only other usage he could theorize was that this weapon platform was used as an armored spearhead, punching through the enemy defensive line to deploy the infantry within it—something he could exploit in the future.