AA V1 Alagore, Chapter 9

"Combat Operations have ceased around Indolass, and phase two has begun. The 5th Battalion of the 75th Rangers Regiment is starting to secure the area. Colonel Hackett's Minutemen are beginning to recon the local area. The battle to secure their side of the Bridge was harsh, with many casualties. The enemy proved very determined, holding out until the last possible moment before pulling back.

The engagement with the Verliance Aristocracy defenders was fierce. Based on the field reports, the enemy left a rear guard to protect their side of the Bridge. According to the female elf known as Fraeya Holiadon, the enemy was not equipped to engage in high-intensity warfare and was suppressing a rebellion.

Based on the enemy's performance from the recent battle, we can only assume what a proper response from the Aristocracy would be. With the weapons gathered and based on the recording data, the enemy is more advanced in the sense of firearms compared to the United States, and based on the other data, they have strong offensive and defensive abilities that we have never encountered before. A new Task Force is being established to research these new weapons and tactics to help understand this new world. Tactics and weapons we consider impossible by our standard seem pleasurable with introducing what they call Magitech, a concept that will require further study later.

While the current phase is a Special Forces operation to recon the enemy and establish a beachhead for further operations, the enemy's strength has led to concerns that if the enemy attacked in force, the Rangers wouldn't withstand a conventional counterattack. I have contacted Major General Olson Winchester (4th Infantry Division) to prepare a battalion as a Quick Reaction Force, to which he had agreed." - USSF Major General Harris, Space Command, Cheyenne Mountain Complex

March, 5th, 2048 (military calendar)

Salva, the former Confederacy of Daru'uie

Nevali Region, Aldrida, Alagore

*****

Staring toward the sky, Captain Mathew Ryder saw the giant striped purple and blue gasses world called Tekali, the Alagore Goddess. He also noticed two other moons among the gas giants hovering toward the left. The two were the many children of this planetary system, and he continued to be surprised by how exotic everything was.

The sight only reinforced that they were not in Kansas anymore, as Dorothy would say, from the types of enemies used by the different shades of night.

He figured out the night system this world had. The dark night meant that Alagore was facing away from Tekali and the sun, where the only illumination was starlight. The light night was still nighttime as the moon was still facing away from the sun; however, the light from the gas giant above added a new layer of brightness.

The captain heard Sergeant Benjamin Ford say he had finally connected the laptop to DEFNET after working his magic on the boulder. The signal was weak, thanks to the highlands between all these mountain ranges.

Hiding in a ditch on a ridge that overlooked the city of Salva, Ryder headed to the Sergeant to see what was on the laptop.

When they first arrived, he was worried that they would need to set up a tent to hide the light from their laptop, but once they came, the morning light from the sun solved that concern.

Sitting on the ground, Ryder saw the feed from Staff Sergeant Kurt Forest and Sergeant Charles Higgins, who were on the top of the ditch which oversaw the city below.