chapter 21

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone!
Thank you everyone for reading my book and for 20k reads. Honestly this means a lot. One of my goals for 2024 for Qraabat to reach 20k and it did and it is just March yet. We’ve got a long way ahead.😊
Do check out my other book as well
Makhfi
Makhfi: Adjective. hidden, secret, concealed 
6 lives on a journey for success, will they succeed in their goal or not.
/The story revolves around 2 souls who are tied together but can't be together. Join the story of Mir Shahzain Abdul khan and Mehrma Samaab Azhar khan./
Mehrma :"I want a divorce."
Shahzain pulled the brakes so hard that Mehrma almost hit her head. 
he turned towards her furiously. 
Shahzain:"What do you mean ke tumhey divorce chehye hai." He spoked furiously. Shahzain's eyes were blazing red in anger.
_____
/The story of Mir Shahvaiz Abdul khan and Mahnoor Azhar khan.
One innocent while the other is possessive./
Shahvaiz:" Look Mahnoor. I know this whole situation isn't ideal but we could at least try to make this marriage work. I know it will take some time bu......
Mahnoor:"Hogya apka drama." I spoke cutting him mid sentence.
Shahvaiz:"What?" He stood up. So did I.
Mahnoor:"Apko kya lagta hai apney mughsey shaadi kerli hai aur ap sabkey samney hero bangai hai to main apki ehsan mand hogai hun . Apko bohat Bari ghalat fehmi hai, merey liye yeh rishta sirf naam ka hai."
_____
/The story of Zunaira Azhar khan and Armaan Asim khan.
They are the real Tom and Jerry ,who has a love- hate connection./
Armaan: " No we can't, not today, not tomorrow and not any other day." I watched as her smile fell and she looked at me confused at my words.
Zunaira: " Magar kyun?" she asked, looking at me with so much confusion in her eyes.
Armaan: " Kyun ke hamara aisey ghoomna Annural ko nahi pasand hai and I don't want to do anything that upsets her......and I'll do everything that will make her happy, even if it means that I have to break every tie with you, I will."
Chapter 21
Author’s POV
 A week has passed since everything and to say everything was fine for Yazaan is a big misconception. Besides Warisha no one else was still talking to him. Even Rameen phupo, who used to shower all her love on him, was now ignoring him. The only person who was fine with Yazaan, was Warisha. To say things have been better with them since their talk is a huge understatement. Their relationship has taken a huge step ahead. And speaking of it, Yazaan did keep up to his promise. Since the past whole week, he’s been showering Warisha with his acts and services of love and care. And Warisha who was enjoying every bit of it didn't mind it for a single second. Both of them had been wrapped up in their own little bubble ignoring everyone around them. Forgetting about everyone and everything around them. 
 Right now Warisha was been dragged by Zahra. Where? She has no clue.
Warisha: “nahi jana mainey aur leke ja kaha rahi ho tum mughey.” 
(I don't want to go and where are you even taking me)
Zahra: “bas kahi jana hai, you’ll get to know once we reach there.” she said and then batted her eyes at Warisha. Maybe she was trying to look cute, which she was failing miserably. Warisha looked at her as if she had grown thorns over her head. At the end Zahra just sighed in return.
Zahra: “ Please yaar!” she whined which irritated Warisha to another level.
Warisha: “acha bhai ja rahi hu, magar i'm not wearing that dress.” she said while pointing at the dress that laid on her bed
( okay! I'm going’ but i'm not wearing that dress)
Zahra was about to retort but stopped when she saw Warisha’s glare.
Zahra: “okayyyy!” she said which only made Warisha to smile widely.

   The girls then spent the next 1 hour getting ready, which only included Zahra trying really hard to make a hairstyle and Warisha fussing over every little thing. 
At last Warisha was ready to go somewhere. Just as she was ready, someone knocked on the door. Zahra squealed as she ran to open the door. There stood Danyal with a pink tulip in his hand. Warisha stood up, walked up to him and raised her eyebrow with confusion etched in her eyes. In return Danyal just passed her the pink tulip and smiled cheekily at him.
(this emoji 😁 is what I mean when I refer to it cheekily.)
Warisha took the tulip in her hand and then smelled it. It was a fake tulip but it still smelled like she’s surrounded by them. Warisha eyed the card which was attached on the tulip and then looked at Zahra who just motioned her to read it. The card read the words care and affection . Warisha looked at both of them and questioned.
Warisha: “ Yeh kya hai?” 
(what is this?)
Both of them passed a look to each other but didn’t replied. Danyal just motioned for her to walk. Warisha’s curiosity got the best of her as she started to walk with Danyal. Soon Danyal and her were sitting in his car.
Warisha tried to ask him where both of them were heading but Danyal just kept quite which only made her furious’
Warisha: “chup ka roza rakha hua hai kya tumney” she asked him furiously. 
(have you kept the fast of silence?)
(this was the best translation I could come up with. sorry) 
Danyal only smiled in return and didn’t bother to answer her question. Warisha huffed but then concentrated on the card, repeating the words again and again.
Care and affection
Care and affection
Care and affection
All of this was not making sense to her. First Zahra forces her to get ready, then Danyal gives her this flower with a message about care and affection and then the cherry on top was Danyal’s silence.
Soon Danyal parked the car in front of a park which only made her more curious and anxious.
Danyal started walking and she followed after him. After a few minutes of walking she saw Yashfa standing a few metres away. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she saw her best friend standing there. She approached her but as she was about to speak. Yashfa motioned her to stop and then she proceeded to give her a white tulip. Which was also fake by the way. She took hold of the flower in the same hand as the pink one and then read what it said on the card. Respect and forgiveness 
She read those words and then she looked at Yashfa and Danyal who motioned her to turn left. She walked further and saw Humza standing there with another tulip but this time it was orange. She took hold of the tulip and read the card. This one said appreciation and understanding. She looked at Humza who only smiled at her. And then they motioned her to walk ahead. All of this was confusing as hell. Why were they all giving her flowers and specially tulips and why only one each? That was the thing that was bothering her the most. Why only one, if they were being nice they could.ve given her a few. 
A few minutes later she saw Zahra standing there with a yellow tulip in her hands. She walked towards her and took the tulip and didn’t spare her a single glance. She quickly took hold of the tulip and read the card. This one said hope and happiness .
She repeated it again and again in her mind.
Hope and happiness
Hope and happiness
Hope and happiness
She then looked at the four people who were standing in front of her with foot long smiles on their faces. Warisha looked at each of them with pleading eyes but it got ignored by all of them. Which only made her frustrated. She sighed and then looked at them and asked’
Warisha: “ab kaha?” her words only made them snicker.
(now where?)
All of them motioned her to turn right. She huffed and then moved ahead. Her mind was continuously clouded with many questions and assumptions. She carelessly walked until she saw Kabir standing there with a purple tulip in his hands. She walked towards him and stood in front of him in silence. Out of all of them this was the most confusing and hard to understand. She stood there and kept looking at Kabir who was smiling at her but she couldn’t smile back at him, when she made no move of taking the flower from his hand. He took her hand and placed the tulip in her hands. She didn’t bother to read the card as she was eager to read the other ones.
Kabir: “ Ab parh bhi lo.” he stated with a shy smile which made Warisha to frown a little less.
(read it already)
Kabir: “ aisey kya dekh rahi ho?” he asked her and chuckled at her reaction. Warisha did not understand any of this. All of this was feeling a part of some dream. She took a deep breath and then raised the card to her eye level and read the words authority and dominance .
She looked at the words as if they foreign to her. It felt weird to read these words and apply it to anything or anyone in her life. Had she ever had authority and dominance over anything or anyone in her life. Not that she could think of. Everything which was hers was never really hers or it was snatched away from her. Her parents, her brother, their love, their care and affection, her happiness, her hope, her want to be understood by anyone. She can’t remember a time when she ever had the authority to ask her parents to love her ,to ask her brother to perform his brotherly duties, to respect her, to give her peace. Not just her family she didn’t even know anyone else who she had dominance over, no one, not her relatives and not even her friends. She was snapped out of her thoughts when Kabir took her name. She looked at him who was looking at her with care. She looked at the five of them who were looking at her with love and adoration. Before she could say something they all walked away not before telling her to walk ahead.
Warisha walked ahead but she didn't understand where she was heading.  A few minutes later she saw lights a little far away. She walked towards them.
There were no words to describe the view in front of her. Candles were lying on the ground scattered but not in  a messy way. A gasp left from the premises of her mouth as she saw Yazaan standing there with a red tulip in his hands. She stood there with the five tulips in her hand and stared at him. Both of them kept staring at each other, boring their eyes in each other's eyes. It felt as if time had stopped. No word was spoken yet many things were said. Their eyes spoke what their lips couldn’t. Brown against brown, a beautiful clash of ash against copper. Both beautiful and strong enough to destroy the other. Their gazes kept locked until enough was said, but some left un said. Warisha walked slowly, stepping on the ground afraid that all of this would end if she made one wrong move. All of this felt unreal as if it was a dream which will end as soon as she nears her happiness. 
Yazaan waited as he saw the woman who was the reason for his sleepless night, the reason for his happiness and the reason for him believing in relationships and love, coming towards him. He kept looking at her without blinking his eyes as he thought that she would disappear if he kept his gaze off of her. She looked ethereal as she always did. He couldn’t lie to himself anymore, he knew that he was smitten by this woman and now he wanted the world to know that. Despite her already being his, he wanted to do something that will always be a moment for them to be remembered. 
Warisha came and stopped in front of Yazaan. Yazaan forwarded the red tulip which she took slowly, it showed that she was just as scared as he was. Both of them pray to Allah for this to be a beautiful reality rather than a dream that will leave both of them heartbroken. 
Warisha took hold of the tulip and read the words that were scribbled on the card. Love and feelings .
A smile made its way on her face as she read those words. She reread them as if she wanted to carve them in her mind.
Care and affection 
Respect and forgiveness
Appreciation and understanding
Hope and happiness
Authority and dominance 
Love and feelings 
All of the words kept repeating in her mind. She looked at Yazaan who just smiled at her.
“I know that we are already married but I want to do this because I want us to remember today as a memory.
Things started with a rough start for us but somehow we made it till here. In the past few months I have come to realise that I was a jerk for not accepting our relationship earlier and that my life revolved around you. Mera din shuru tumsey hota tha aur khatam tumsey, every single talk and act of mine revolved around you. Unknowingly I became so used to your company that suddenly everything in my life was related to you. My mind was occupied by your thoughts. I just wanted to talk and hear about you at all times. I wanted you to be around me at all times, I was addicted to you, so much that if I imagined life without you it felt as if nothing would be the same as it was……....the thing is I knew I was in love when I realised all of this. Without even knowing I remember every small detail about you. The things you like, the foods that you are obsessed with and the little things that make you happy. I liked the way you completed me in everything. And I want it to remain that same way forever. These 6 tulips are what I want in our relationship. I want to give you my care and affection. I want us to respect each other and forgive each other at every turn of our lives. I want us to understand and appreciate each other. I want you to have authority over me. I want to be in your dominance for the rest of my life. I want to be your hope and the reason why you smile everyday. I want us to fall in love along the way and to be passionate about each other for the rest of our lives. So by giving you this ring I want us to commit to this promise.”
Yazaan took a deep breath and then spoke.
“Are you willing to give me a chance and to be with me for the rest of your lives?” he said as he took a ring out of his pocket and presented it to Warisha.
Warisha took a deep breath and nodded her head. Tears were escaping the premises of her eyes. Her throat was clogged up by the emotions. This was more than she could have ever dreamed of.
Yazaan smiled as he slid the ring into her ring finger.
______________________________________________
Ughhh he finally proposed☺
Honestly I loved writing this chapter
Tulipsssss🌷
How was the chapter?
Hope you liked it
Plz vote and comment