Chapter 12

Jaxon POV

Life has been unjust to in the last couple of years. I thought that I had my whole life planned out.

At college I had met the love of my life and we had planned our future together everything was great.

Kate was majoring in fashion, she wanted to be a fashion designer after college. I met Kate at one of the college parties and it was the best day of my whole week.

My friends had invited me to this party at college that they wanted to go to.

"Jax man let's go to this party" they said.

"Guys you know that you don't have to ask come on let's go" I said.

We to that party, it was the first party that wasn't planned by us that we went to and it was a great party.

It was a bonfire party at Kate and her friends were sitting around the fire, I thought that she was the most beautiful girl.

"Excuse me ladies mind if we join you ? I had asked.

"By all means " one of her friends had said. Introductions were made and we started talking.

"So what is a beautiful lady like yourself doing at a party?" I had asked.

"Same thing as a handsome guy like yourself is doing" she said with a smile.

"Ohh so you also looking for girls ? I  said as a joke.

"Are you here looking for girls Jaxon ?" She asked with a serious face.

"I didn't come with those intentions but since meeting you I have intentions of making you my girlfriend Miss Snow" I said with a smile.

"Real smooth Mr King" she said with a little laugh.

After that day Kate and I were very close that we started dating after three months of getting to know each other.

We were dating only for a year when I decided to propose to her and she said yes after that we graduated college.

We were engaged for three years we had a long engagement because Kate wanted her clothing line to be well known.

Not long after that we found out that Kate is Pregnant and we were very happy.

"Jaxon I want our child to be present during our wedding" she said.

"We've been engaged for three years what's nine more months " I said with a laugh.

"Thank you Jaxon" she said. Kate has never called me by my nickname"Jax" she said she didn't want to call by what everyone calls me.

"You welcome love" I said.

If only I had know that the universe was against our reunion or against my happiness.

The day Kate gave birth to our beautiful son she was only able to hold him for two minutes only before she took her last breath.

On that day I had vowed to never fall in love again or allow any girl to get close to me, I decided that I will raise my son and focus on work.

But right now seeing Miss Cooper cuddling my son close to her is making me feel some kind of way.

I decided to come out of my thoughts and ask.

"Yes Miss Cooper pray tell why are you giving daddy a gift?"