Chapter 4

Ever since my college days I hated the weekend with a passion it was not because I didn't have anything to do or have any friends.

Because that was not the case. At high school my friends and I used to have friends date every weekend and I used to look forward to it.

But since I started dating Paul at college I started to hate the weekends. He used to control with who I can go out with and what I can and cannot wear.

He wasn't always like this I guess this is the clique of where I tell you that he was romantic and nice at first because that is what happened.

He started telling me that my friends were a bad influence on me and because I thought that he loved me I believed him and started to isolate myself from my friends.

Guess the joke was on me but that's a story for another day as of right now I was getting ready to meet up with Jade.

I decided to wear a cute summer dress that was white in colour and it was somewhat short and decided to pair it with my cream air force.

As I walked down the stairs I saw my parents sitting in the living room watching TV.

"I'm going to meet with Jade so that we can discuss about the fundraiser" I said to let them know of my plans.

Another thing that Paul had engraved in my head was to let him know about my whereabouts or they would be consequences.

" Honey you a grown woman you don't have to inform us about everything" Mom said with a frown on her face.

I had a frown of my own as it was something I was used to." Okay I will see you when I get back"

I moved to kiss both their cheeks as I walked out the door to my car.

Jade and I decided to meet at this cute café called lovers creek. Jade was already sitting down when I walked inside the café.

"Hey I hope you don't mind but I ordered a cut of coffee for you" she said. I felt out of breath as she said that because all I could remember was Paul controlling my diet.

I took a deep breath as I tried to remind myself that Jade was not trying to control what I eat.

"Are you okay"

"Yeah sorry I just zoned out a bit thanks for ordering me a cup"

"So first we need to determine the fundraising events goals" I said.

"And establish the fundraising events budget" she said.

"So what type of fundraising should we do this year cause last year it was a Gala event" I said.

"We should do an auction event this year" Jade said after a little bit of thinking.

"That's a great idea actually "

We spent the remainder of our day coming up with more ideas for the upcoming event and we manage to come up with great ideas.

"Gosh by this rate we will be finished with the planning of the event if we keep up like this" Jade said.

"But Jade we haven't sorted out the most important thing about the event"

"Oh and what might that be Emily?"

"The venue Jade the schools Hall is not that big enough, last year they manage to find a nice venue since Stacey knew the owner"

Stacey was our snobby co-worker as Jade likes to call her and the other teachers.

"Don't worry I know a perfect space for the venue" Jade said smiling a little.

"Okay I think that's enough for today"

"Gosh I'm tired" I said as I leaned into the couch.

"How about we go out for drinks tonight?" Jade asked

"Jade the event is in two weeks time, we can go for drinks after that " I said laughing.

"Ehh it was worth a try " she said " But I'll take you up on that offer after the event"

"Yeah sure now let's go" I said as I left money on the table.

"Hey I was gonna pay"

"You snooze you loose" I said with a laugh walking out.

"I'll get you back for that"

"Yeah yeah"

We both moved towards our cars as we left to go out separate ways.

Fun fact aboth the author

I'm an electrical engineer student and doing my 3rd year.