𓆩 broken egg 𓆪

when suga awoke the next morning, daichi was nowhere to be found. his bed was still neatly made as if it hadn't even been slept in. the chagrin atmosphere still lingered in the room, weighing suga down like an anvil. 

daichi hadn't shown up for breakfast that morning. at school, daichi sat at the opposite end of the classroom next to tetsuro from the raven house, which was surprising since he couldn't stand him and his cockiness. daichi never spared so much as a second glance in suga's direction - almost like he didn't exist.

suga tried to occupy his mind by working on his load of homework, but just getting started was too overwhelming. he found himself just staring blankly at the worksheets and textbook. all of the words just merged together in a blurry haze which only heightened his anxiety and depressive thoughts. 

suga also tried practicing for the talent auction to deter his distress, but moving his body around made him remember the night's events. when his back would arch backward, he could still feel daichi's hands roaming up and down his torso. when his arms raised or supported the weight of his body, he could feel the sore stretch where daichi massaged it which nearly led to their coital acts.

it was all too much for suga to mentally handle. 

after school, when all productivity was deemed pointless, suga went back to his dorm room to change into more casual clothing. right as he slipped on his favorite dark gray hoodie from tokyo's national gymnastics contest, daichi walked into the room, standing straight on his qualms. he didn't acknowledge suga's presence; he just plopped down on his bed and grabbed his earbuds.

suga wasn't having it anymore. he marched over to where daichi was and yanked an earbud from his ear by the wire. daichi glared at him with eyes ablaze. "what the hell is your problem?" he shouted.

"you tell me," suga retorted with his arms folded. "why have you been avoiding me?"

daichi huffed and looked away from suga. "i haven't been avoiding you."

"that's a load of crap, and you know it! tell me what's going on."

daichi stood up to be eye-to-eye with suga but faired a decent distance from him. the look on his face was uneasy while a surge of heavy emotions clashed behind his eyes. "i'm not gay, suga."

suga scoffed, completely incredulous. he could hear his heart shatter in his ears and feel his insides turn to suffocation. what was worse is that he saw this coming, but he left his guard down like an idiot. in other instances, he would just engage his flight reflex and leave before the devastation further engulfed him. this time, the urge to fight overpowered him.

"could've fooled me," he maintained. "need i remind you that you kissed me? multiple times, to be exact, while your hands were all over my body."

daichi's face never changed, boring holes into suga's head. "i don't remember it that way," he said calmly, but blistering. "you must be imagining things. i can understand if you have feelings for me, so that's why you kissed me-"

"whoa, whoa, whoa, slow your fucking roll, dude," suga spat with a rising voice. "i didn't initiate shit. don't you dare try to spin this on me just because you can't come to terms with what you did! what you almost did!"

"look, suga-"

"no, you look! i don't know what's going through your thick skull, but i refuse to be a lab rat for some fucked up experiment you're doing."

"you don't know what the hell you're talking about!" daichi roared, jabbing his finger into suga's chest while getting closer to his face. 

"don't i?" suga screamed back.