Chapter- 21

"Kayden, let's go"

Cale said looking at the watch. It's been 28 minutes already. It will take two minutes to reach his office by foot. It's about time to go for the meeting. 

"Where?"

Kayden asked confused but still stood up at Cale's command. 

"To the meeting, we have to decide that 'thing's' punishment. I collect debts and repay favors equally. I don't like when someone messes with the people under my care. Since  that old man had the guts to do it, he should be prepared for the consequences. And you as Jiwoo's master have the every right to punish him as you please. But of course, don't kill him."

Kayden appreciated that Cale considered his feelings of revenge for the old man for hurt his disciple. But it looks like Cale was too kindhearted. Had it been other awakener, they would have killed the person who dared to hurt them so badly. 

"In front of everyone, you can do whatever you want with him after he leaves the academy's ground and is far from everyone's eyes"

'It would be annoying if the whole Baekdu gets involved, it's not easy to wipe an organization and keep it under the rug. It'll be dangerous to his slacker life.'

Cale said before he turned around and left thinking how he will finish that old man without him threatening his slacker life. 

'Never mind' 

Kayden just stopped thinking and followed Cale obediently.

When they entered the office all the teachers that were sitting stood up including Seongik who was also present there. The two bodyguards were cleaned and placed before Cale's table including Dusik. Their mouths were stuffed. 

"Good work Choi han"

Cale praised Choi han as he made his way towards his chair which was a bit higher than the rest of the floor. Choi han smiled happily at the praise and followed Cale. Cale sat on his chair with Choi han standing behind him. Choi han very naturally took his position beside Cale as if he belonged there. 

Indeed he did belonged there. Right beside his liege, protecting him and guarding. Ready to fulfill any command his master gives him. 

Cale looked down from his seat towards the people before him. It was like a ruler looking down on some filthy peasants with his loyal knight right beside him guiding him. And it definitely suited Cale. It was like he born for greatness.

"Kayden please take a seat so we can start this meeting"

Cale said motioning for Kayden to sit on one of the chairs across from his desk. Kayden was kind of smug to be the only one sitting beside Cale. He confidently walked towards the chair. He dragged the chair to the right side of Cale and then sat on it. Cale was confused as to why Kayden dragged the chair there but he didn't say anything. 

Meanwhile the teachers and Han Seongik were still standing. Cale had only asked Kayden to sit, not them. They don't dare to make any mistakes and anger the redhead even further.

Seeing Kayden seated Cale started the meeting.

"Then shall we start the meeting"

Cale ignored the teachers and Seongik and started the meeting without waiting for their response. 

"The first thing I would like to do in this meeting is to apologize. Kayden, I once again apologize for the misfortunate event that had occurred due to our negligence."

"No there's no need for you to apologize, I'm only angry at the people who hurt my disciple and those who just stood by watching it"

Kayden said looking at the bunch in front of him. At first he really wasn't angry at the principal and staff since it was Dusik who hurt them. But after carefully thinking and listening to Cale's words he realized that the academy's authority at equally fault. 

They should have should not have let Dusik come here and let freely roam around the campus where children practice, especially since he has already harassed the teachers once. They should have taken better preventive measures. 

And to let an outsider dismiss the whole class leaving one children behind when their appointed teacher is with them is ridiculous. It's understandable that they can't provoke Baekdu's power, however, could they not limit their movements inside the campus parameters?

"You're right Kayden, it's our staff and principal's fault too. But more than that, I am at fault for not educating them the properly."

Cale's eyes looked at the academy's staff and principal Han Seongik. They all felt his chilly eyes and lowered their head.

"Had I paid more attention towards the people who were working for the academy, then maybe this place could have been better and secure for the students. I really should have not trusted these grown adults to be mature and know how to protect their students."

"More importantly, I should have picked a good person to lead them not someone who pays more attention to the child being their disciple than to him being tortured in front of him and save him."

"What an incompetence on my part"

All those who were mentioned flinched. What Cale said was true, they failed to protect the child studying under their academy, all because they were careless and too afraid. 

"Goo Inhyuk, Jiwoo came to the academy as someone recommended by Sinhwa. He was under Sinhwa's care , it should be your duty to look after Jiwoo, so why didn't you stopped Dusik?"

Inhyuk was still looking down don't know how to answer it.

"Please answer my question awakener Goo Inhyuk. At least give some excuse, I've given every one of you half an hour. You all should be having good excuses."

"I did try to save him, however I couldn't since he would have targeted Sinhwa under the claim of raising awakeners privately. I couldn't put Sinhwa in a tight place. Due to this I was unable to make any move. I'm sorry, I should've done better."

Inhyuk spoke the truth. They all wanted to make a move but they couldn't since they were bound to an organization. They couldn't create any trouble for the organization by making rash moves and provoking Baekdu. 

"I see, are rest of your reasons same?"

Everybody nodded meekly. 

 "Alright"

Cale nodded acknowledging that they were in tight spot. He then proceeded to the next issue.

"Then next Principal Han, please care to explain what this man was doing in the building where any people other than academy staff and students are prohibited? And no action was taken when this man entered the staff room without any permission and harassed the teachers which led to a building being destroyed and a student ended up injured."

Everyone knows that Kayden was the one who destroyed the building yet they didn't correct Cale. If Cale said Dusik did it, then Dusik did it. 

'Since this all thing is this old man's fault then might as well put the building destruction on his head too. This will help me scam more money from Baekdu.'

Choi han who knew what he was thinking sighed at his liege. His liege were truly unique.

"It was due to my negligence"

Seingik was ashamed that such a thing happened in his academy. 

"I know, that was why I was questioning you and not the other staff"

Cale casually said which ended up sounding sarcastic. 

'If you had looked after this old thing properly then I wouldn't be the one to get whipped in this annoying matter. It's all your fault from the beginning.'

'And that damn GoD's fault'

Cale cursed the GoD before once again looking at the old man who was even more shamed after listening to Cale' s sass. Kayden almost laughed out loud when he heard Cale's sarcastic remark delivered to Seongik with the face that says 'it's obvious, are you dumb?'.

Cale in Eleceed (Totcf x Eleceed) (On Hold Until June)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara