Chapter- 14

The students were now in training ground. 

The affiliated and unaffiliated students were standing in a line facing each other. The affiliated students were making fun of visibly nervous unaffiliated students. They were mocking them making them even more tense.

Cale and Choi han were sitting far away watching them.

'If they continue being this tense, they won't be able to fight properly'

Cale thought seeing how stiff unaffiliated kids were. 

His thoughts flew back to the time when Seongik called him in his office few days prior.

*Flashback*

"I heard that you are teaching the unaffiliated kids behind my back"

Seongik said taking a sip of tea.

"Yeah so?"

Cale said saying nonchalantly while sipping his tea.

"I'm quite surprised seeing you willing to teach them. I understand Choi han feels sympathetic towards them but you"

Seongik looked towards Cale.

"You hate doing extra work. You even refused teaching the affiliated kids even when this old man begged you to. But now, you are teaching the unaffiliated kids and going as far as to give one of them personal one-on-one tutoring."

Seongik's eyes turned sharp.

While Cale's mind went to the time when Choi han was begging him along with other kids.

Cale felt like if he didn't teach them then he will be personally be beaten by not only Choi han but also the kids and Kayden. He doesn't want that.

'Should I tell him that I did that so I didn't get beat up?'

Cale contemplated before shooting down the thought.

"Just because"

"Cale you know the incident right. But you are still willing to teach them. What if history repeats itself?"

Seongik put on a melancholic face as his eyes held immense sadness. That event was truly frightening for them. They lost so much during that fight.

Cale also understood the old man's thoughts. That event really was like a mass murder. No one wishes to experience that again.

"I know what you are talking about. But"

Cale put down his teacup.

"This is your duty as a senior to keep it from happening again. There can not always be happy times, events like that are not unusual if not common. But to put the blame on kids who don't even know an ounce about it is not maturity."

"The people behind them and the children now are two different group of people. They are children coming in the hopes of achieving something from this academy only to be oppressed because of the mistake they never made. Honestly, it's ridiculous."

"To prevent that from happening again, you should lead them to correct path not block their roads. That's what as a senior your duty is."

'That's right, that's what your duty is. Guide them and let me slack off peacefully'

Cale left thinking that the road to his peaceful slacker life is not far away.

He didn't even bother to look at Seongik's stunned face.

"You are right, it's my duty as a senior"

Seongik muttered.

"Sometimes I wonder if God sent you to for showing us the correct path"

Seongik was thankful that he met Cale. Thanks to Cale he didn't made the huge mistake he was going to make.

Cale who was on his way to his dormitory felt a huge shiver climb up his spine.

"Why do I have a feeling I made a huge mistake?"

Cale mumbled.

He decided to ignore the feeling. If you ignore it, it'll eventually go away.

*Flashback ended*