Chapter- 15

Ki Taekyoung, the kid Cale taught was the first one to fight. He was against Choo Sooae of Halla.

Ki Taekyoung was clearly scared and trembling. He looked like he wanted to give up but then he looked at other unaffiliated students and then at Cale.

Cale was confused as to why the kid was looking at him but seeing how scared he looked he felt sympathy for him.

"Do you best"

He said giving a thumbs up.

He can relate to him. If he was in his place, he would already have chickened out.

Seeing Cale giving him a thumbs up, Taekyoung's eyes turned teary. He gave Cale a smile and looked at his opponent.

His eyes filled with determination as he stances himself waiting for the match to start.

After the last beep, the match started.

And in a flash Choo Sooae lunged at Taekyoung trying to kick him using her left foot.

But to everyone's surprise, Taekyoung dodged by ducking down.

Choo Sooae and others were really surprised.

"Winning against someone who has trained for years with few days of training is ridiculous."

Taekyoung remembered Cale's words during his last lecture.

"But that doesn't mean it's impossible. But with your current strength, it might be difficult to overpower other. So, settle for the next best outcome"

"Smack the opponents head using your brain"

Cale smirked pointing to his head.

"There's no shame in doing everything to win, and there's no shame in running away. The person surviving in the last is the true winner regardless of whether he wins the fight or not."

'Settle for the next best'

Taekyoung's brain started moving at the fast speed, calculating all the outcomes that can happen in this fight.

'I'll force her to spill all of her cards'

"Is this all what you have?"

Taekyoung shouted, successfully irritating his opponent.

"You-"

Soooae got irritated and used her awakened powers. She created a sphere out of it and started aiming at Taekyoung.

Thankfully training with Choi Han for the last few days has payed off and he was able to dodge them.

Sooae was now angry. She focused her power and shoot multiple energy spheres at Taekyoung.

Taekyoung was able to dodge a few but unfortunately wasn't able to dodge all of them.

A sphere hit him and he stumbled, losing his stance. Sooae didn't miss this chance and launched another attack at him. She continuously started attacking Taekyoung, not giving him a chance to stand properly, eventually knocking him out.

Before Taekyoung lost his consciousness he looked at Wooin. His eyes asking if he noticed what he wanted him to see. To which Wooin nodded. Seeing this Taekyoung sighed in relief and let himself fall into darkness.

"The winner is Choo Sooae"

The referee announced.

"Wow, I didn't expected him to stand his ground for this long"

"Guess they are no that pathetic"

"Nah, he still lost in the end."

Different murmurs can be heard.

Teachers were also stunned to see Taekyoung hold on till this long.

The second round between Kim Jookyung and unaffiliated student Choi Gangwoo began.

As soon as the match started Jookyung used her mental powers on Gangwoo, trapping in a hypnosis.

Gangwoo's eyes looked so blank. He was stuck in the virtual world where he was beating Jookyung easily and winning.

All the other unaffiliated student were looking at him in surprise.

"What's going on? Why is he just standing?"

Lee jihye, the female unaffiliated student, asked Jiwoo. Jiwoo looked at the pople who were supposed to fight but were standing facing each other.

One was staring at the front blankly while the other had a purple glow around her.

"I think her power is mind control"

Jiwoo's made the other students standing near him, turn to him abruptly while Wooin nodded to his statement.

Jookyung stopped using her power letting Gangwoo come out of the hypnosis. This made Gangwoo unable to comprehend the situation. Taking advantage of him Jookyung knocked him unconscious.

"The winner is Jookyung"

The next match were similarly played. The unaffiliated students lost but there was no sadness, instead after their match they looked at Cale happily showing that they gave their all.

Jiwoo and Wooin won their match. It looked like Kang Sucheon was not very happy about losing. Cale didn't payed much attention.

A lot has changed since that day. The unaffiliated were treated with more respect. Han Seongik inquired about Jiwoo and Wooin.

Cale didn't pay much attention to anything doing the little work he has so that he can rest the whole day afterwards.