IX|Babysitting Bobby

Tallywags - testicles
Shoot the breeze - have a conversation
Daddles - hands

<><><>

  “Have you always attracted children every once in a while?”

  “Hilarious, Kai.”

  Kai shrugs.

  Cole sassily rolls his eyes. What an attitude, but then again, Kai’s got one too.

  He rolls his eyes back.

  The two are left together underground, somewhere in the isolated outskirts of Ignacia Cove. It’s an enclosed space, with small waterfalls cascading down the streams and continuing to a river where they are sat by.

  Peculiar floating specks of lights mimic that of fireflies, surrounding the whole space charmed by the generously cool coloured plants all around. Gleams coming from the corridor at the back bounces into the room, also bringing more light.

  Several kids are currently circling around them. They’re mostly onto the pirate, playing with him and the token he gave to distract them (which worked for a bit, but then they tossed it to the river and Cole had to chase it, hence his wet armbands).

  Oh right, they finally have their items retrieved.

  Kai is busy fiddling with the crystal they had stolen from the empire, more on just trying to figure out the origins of this large thing and how it’s made or how it was discovered and ended up being an artefact of the pirates.

  And how to use it.

  “This is it, the infamous crystal? I mean, it’s impressively big and would sell a lot but I don’t see much,” said Kai.

  “Did ye even listen to Lloyd?”

  “Hidden crystal, that, I got.”

  “And what does it do?”

  Silence.

  Cole sighs as he lets one kid braid a part of his hair. It’s starting to get long, he should cut it soon. “To communicate, Salmon. Everyone went nuts for that thing on your hands, ye watch yer mouth with it.”

  Kai chuckles. “I get that a lot.”

  “Hm?”

  “Watch your mouth.” The brunet flashes his brows and places the gem on his lap. He lightly nudges the occupant on his other side, noticing her silence.

  “Ye okay there, Tiny Ton? You’re gonna swallow one of those glowing flies if you keep your mouth open like that.”

  The smaller pulls her jaw back and stops staring at the pirate. “It’s my first time seeing a real human, Mr. Smith. I was always told they appear to be scarier than sirens and selkies.” She smiles at the noiret. “You’re huge, but you and I look just the same. Unless you’re a lower subspecies or something. Which shouldn’t be the case because I heard about you in the arena.”

  Cole giggles. “Sirens are WAY more atrocious than us humans, Tiny Ton. They’re stunning indeed but that’s exactly what makes them dangerous.”

  Her eyes widened. “You’ve seen one before?”

  “Mr. Smith and I fought them — a thousand of them!”

  Kai grins and traces the scar over his eye. “Ye see this scar, kid? I got this one from that fight. Awesome, isn’t it?”

  Ton’s eyes just keep on widening and her jaw keeps getting lower. Her whole outlook on the two changes right there, equivalent to that of knights in shining armours.