VII| What da Bear Doin

Hey fun fact this chapter was also delayed to be posted on AO3 back in 19-aught-7 (did I spell that right)

<><><>

  Stunned.

  Frozen.

  Uncomprehending.

  Kai remains standing there. Staring at those precious doe eyes with his unblinking ones humbling an owl; jaw dropped agape and muscles held on, the world drowning out, time coming to a halt.

  You’ve got to be fucking kidding me.

  That can’t be Cole. That absolutely wide eyed noiret who had just yawned absolutely cannot be Cole Brookstone. That well built body and awkward yet bold stance is just identical with the pirate’s. Enchantments are real, hence a somewhat mirrored person can exist.

  Ain't no way.

  He can’t be the Cole he knows.

  He squints and narrows his eyes further at the man who’s equally as stunned as he is.

  The pirate finally moves a muscle, slightly twitching his head to face Kai as his forest eyes single handedly out-sparkle the lights.

  Oh gods it’s Cole.

  Tox violently nudges his side. “Well don’t piss your pants.”

  Kai reaches out only for her to set off immediately. She runs straight at the pirate, who’s eyes lose their sparkle as he throws the chakrams back at her with his hammer.

  Halt! God! Stop!

  “Wait —!”

  Karloff heavily dashes in, startling Kai more.

  Nooo!

  Cole is still busy dodging and blocking Tox’s arms when Karloff displays on his sight. The pirate easily pushes the mermaid away from him. Karloff jumps with his iron fists high. Cole fixes his grip on the hammer. Then, the merman slams down on the handle with a big impact.

  The ground beneath him crack.

  Strong force of air gushes from them, pushing the fazed audience in their positions.

  Then, the arena raves.

  Cole suppresses a smirk as he maintains a stance, not noticing Tox throwing a chakram right until Kai deflected it.

  The arena once again raves, much stronger this time as they all rip out their vocal chords.

  Cole smiles at the brunet.

  Kai’s eyes are practically saucers, and so are everyone else’s.

  “What are you doing?!” Tox yelled through the deafening cheers.

  The noiret lowers his hammer and stands beside the tarsier. “Okay Salmon, ye better speak up.”

  “Me?! What are you doing here?!”

  “Hey, I was going to leave! What are YOU doing here —!” He jumps away from Karloff’s heavy skull breaking punch goddamn what the fuck does he eat.