IV| Irony of a Pirate

Hanging the jib - frowning

Bitch the pot - pour the tea sis

<>

  Some days prior…

  “I have a question.”

  “You always do.”

  “No I mean”— Jay scoffs at Zane —”About the crystal.”

  “Be specific, gingerbread, there’s millions of crystals to talk about.”

  Jay raises a hand to slap Lloyd in the face and continues his hand through his ginger locks instead.

  The blond only snickers as he busies himself on the helm, with his eyes glued on the ugly scribbled lines and shit on a chart. It’s really hard to distinguish the picture, somehow, for a map. He tells himself to never let Kai do the job to draw anything again.

  “The enchanted crystal. Why was it created when it’s only to be tightly locked up with tight security in some empire in the first place?”

  “Didn’t Mystake say it was created to communicate and that’s it?” Nya commented beside Lloyd. She’s assisting the captain with comprehending the drawing, with her face all churned up.

  Zane lays his back on the fence with crossed arms. “Do ye know, Lloyd?”

  “Hmm… From what I remember, the first keepers were lovers who dearly missed each other the moment they were separated.” He shrugs. “That’s as far as I can go. Better ask Mystake if ye want a whole take.”

  Nya glances at her back. She shifts closer to the blond and loudly whispers, “Are we sure we can talk about this here?”

  Lloyd frowns. “Why, what’s wrong?”

  “Isn’t it sensible to lay low if we’re possessing such a thing?”

  “Well, yes.”

  “Then why “— She points a finger behind and tilts her head, only to be jumpscared by a tall figure right on their backs —“is he heRE FUCK!!” She throws a savage punch at the man’s face.

  Ronin stumbles back, dodging in the last second.

  Everyone gapes at Nya.

  Nya gapes at Ronin.

  Ronin blinks, stifles a laugh, and suddenly the whole deck is filled with a burst of manly belly-laughters that It's offensively loud.

  All eyes are on the wheezing guy, silently watching him try to recollect himself and continuously fail at it.

  Nya hasn't moved a muscle.

  “Blast, that was gold!” Ronin barely wheezed, followed by more laughs. “Ye should’ve seen your fa —”

  “Y’know, you can tell me if you want him out that bad.”

  “Like, walking the plank?”

  “Like walking the plank.”

  Pixal ponders about it as she avoids gazing at the sight of Ronin glaring at the gang with a cloth stuffed in his nose and an ugly scratch on his cheek.

  They’re all currently gathered on the stairs, and Ronin is grumpily sitting on it with his chin resting on his palm and his bottom lip jutted out. Nya is standing the farthest away from him, neither of them on good terms.