three.

chapter three ─
ATHENS MARITIME

chapter three ─ATHENS MARITIME

❝ COLD MORNING ❞by  AIR FORMATION

❝ COLD MORNING ❞
by AIR FORMATION

when school ended, both bella and nicci met at the older girls' red-orange pickup truck and slumped into their seats as if they had gone through hours of hellish labor. both girls complaining about some of their teachers and the stares they were receiving throughout the entire day on the drive home. not one word was mentioned about a certain group of siblings, though. the girls didn't quite know what to make of them yet.

the two of them now say lazily on the couch as they watched the andy griffith show, awaiting their fathers presence.

nicci turned away from the tv and faced her sister, "you hungry?"

bella hummed, not looking away from the tv, "little bit. do you know what time charlie gets off work?"

nicolette fought the urge to roll her eyes at the first-name basis bella had going on with their dad. she understood that she didn't have the closest bond him  ─ and truthfully, neither did nicci ─ but bella could've still attempted to call the man what he was. which was their dad.

"no, i forgot to ask him."

bella hummed again, continuing to watch the black and white tv screen. the girls went back to silence, letting the studio audience laughter bounce off the living room walls.

they stayed like that for less than an hour before charlie came back home, entering the door to find both of his daughters laughing at something stupid opie had done. charlie quietly closed the door and stood back, taking in the beautiful scenery. it had been years since they'd been in the house, years since it's finally felt like a home. charlie felt his heart explode with happiness, and he swore he even felt tears spring in his eyes.

he cleared his throat and began stepping towards his daughters, "i'm home, girls."

bella and nicci lifted their heads and peaked over the couch, both waving at their father.