CHAPTER 2

The scent of cigarette hung heavy in the air as Aryan Singhania stood in front of the floor to ceiling glass window of his lavish office room, his gaze sweeping over the twinkling lights of the city's skyline below. The city pulsed with life, its streets alive with the hustle and bustle of the evening rush hour, but Aryan's mind was elsewhere, consumed by thoughts of the dangerous game he was about to play.

Inside, the opulent surroundings of his office stood in stark contrast to the turmoil that raged within him. Aryan ran a hand through his dark hair, his brow furrowed in concentration as he paced the length of the room, the weight of his family's legacy heavy on his shoulders.

"Aryan, we need to talk."

The voice belonged to Nikhil Malhotra, Aryan's childhood friend, whose presence had become a rare occurrence in recent months. Rohan stepped into the room, his expression grave as he fixed Aryan with a penetrating gaze.

"What is it, Rohan?" Aryan asked, his tone clipped as he turned to face his friend. He could sense the tension radiating off Nikhil in waves, a palpable energy that seemed to hum in the air between them.

"I've been hearing rumours," Nikhil said, his voice low and urgent. "About the attacks on businesses. It's not looking good, Aryan."

Arjun's jaw tightened at the mention of the attacks, a bitter taste rising in his throat. The recent spate of violence had shaken the foundations of his empire, leaving him on edge and wary of his enemies' next move.

"I know," Aryan replied, his voice tight with frustration. "But we can handle it. We always do."

Rohan shook his head, his expression grim. "It's different this time, Aryan. They're coming for you, and they won't stop until they've destroyed everything you've built."

Aryan's pulse quickened at Nikhil's words, a surge of adrenaline coursing through his veins. He knew the stakes were higher than ever, and he couldn't afford to let his guard down for a moment.

"What do you suggest we do?" Aryan asked, his voice betraying a hint of desperation. He knew he needed Nikhil's help if he was going to survive the onslaught that was coming.

Nikhil hesitated for a moment, his gaze flickering with uncertainty. Then, with a resolute nod, he stepped forward and extended his hand to Nikhil.

"We make a pact," Nikhil said, his voice low but firm. "We stand together, no matter what. We'll weather this storm together, Aryan. I promise you that."

Arjun studied Rohan for a moment, searching his friend's eyes for any sign of doubt. But all he found was unwavering determination and a glimmer of hope that sparked something deep within him.

With a solemn nod, Aryan clasped Rohan's hand in his own, sealing their pact with a silent vow. In that moment, amidst the chaos and uncertainty that surrounded them, Aryan knew that he could trust Rohan with his life.

"But on one condition" Nikhil said, holding Aryan's hand tighter for a second, and taking his hands back.

"What?" asked Aryan, thinking what his condition would be.

Nikhil took a deep breath and moved towards the window. He closed his eyes for a second to build his courage and turned towards Aryan and looked into his eyes with sincerity.

"We both make a pact, along with Rathore Cyber Industries."

On hearing that, Aryan's eyes darkened. He fisted his hands and clenched his jaw. He glared at Nikhil, which sent shivers down his spine.

Nikhil continued, "We both know even after joining together, we won't be able to save the company from future crisis. So, it's the only way we can do, to make sure the empire is secure and strong."