Chapter 5| A Birthday

Amy was in the market buying groceries when she saw a figure similar to Sonic's silhouette she ran to hug him but to her surprise, it wasn't him at all

Vendor| Um miss what are you doing

Amy froze in embarrassment, realizing her mistake. She quickly composed herself and laughed nervously.

Amy| Oh, uh, sorry about that! I mistook you for someone else.

The vendor raised an eyebrow, bemused by Amy's sudden hug attempt.

Vendor| No worries, miss. Just be careful next time before hugging strangers.

Amy nodded sheepishly, feeling a flush of embarrassment spread across her cheeks.

Amy| Hehe noted, um do you have any tomatoes

The vendor pointed to a display of fresh tomatoes.

Vendor| Right over there, miss. Feel free to pick the ones you like.

Amy thanked the vendor and proceeded to select the tomatoes. As she went about her grocery shopping, she couldn't shake off the lingering embarrassment from the mistaken hug.

Later, while waiting in line at the checkout, Amy saw Sonic dashing outside the marketplace heading to the town square, yes though sonic was in mach one speed Amy saw him as she like tails and knuckles got used to him dashing fast

Cashier| Um miss it's your turn

Amy snapped out of her thoughts, realizing she was next in line. She quickly paid for her groceries, still feeling a bit flustered from the earlier encounter.

Amy| Thanks, sorry about that.

Cashier| No problem, miss. Have a great day!

As Amy left the market, she couldn't help but chuckle at her own silliness. The town square seemed to be a hub of activity, and Amy decided to head in that direction, curious about what Sonic was up to.

As she arrived at the town square, she saw Sonic talking to Tails and Knuckles. They seemed to be discussing something important.

Amy| Hey, what's going on?

Sonic looked up, a hint of excitement in his eyes.

Sonic| Amy, perfect timing! We're planning a surprise celebration for Cream's birthday. You in?

Amy| Oh yeah it's on the next month right... Take this to my place would you sonic I just need to buy her something nice

Sonic grinned, taking the bag from Amy.

Sonic| Got it, Amy! I'll swing by your place after we wrap things up here.

Amy smiled, grateful for Sonic's willingness to help.

Amy| Thanks, Sonic. I'll find the perfect gift for Cream. Let me know if you need any help with the party

Amy kissed Sonic on the cheeks

Amy| bye sonic

Sonic, momentarily taken aback by Amy's unexpected kiss on the cheek, blinked in surprise. He rubbed the back of his head, grinning.

Sonic| Uh, yeah, sure thing, Amy. See you later!

As Sonic dashed off to continue the preparations for Cream's surprise celebration, Amy set off to find the perfect gift for her young friend.

Amy wandered through the town's shops, browsing various items that might bring a smile to Cream's face. After some contemplation, she settled on a charming necklace adorned with a small gem in Cream's favorite color.