Touch Starved

A/N- something short and sweet about itafushi, featuring touch starved Megumi

Megumi thinks about Itadori.

Mostly about hugging him and never letting go.

Because, fucking hell, up to thirty minutes ago he thought Itadori was dead.

He knew he was dead.

Sukuna had torn apart the skin of his chest like tissue paper and pulled out his heart, throwing it away like trash, when it was still beating. All of this right in front of him.

But now he is back. Gojo had pulled him up in a stupid car, looking as if they just came back from vacation, and not from the goddamn grave, damn it.

And all he can think of is throwing himself in his arms, holding him tight, tight, tighter, until it hurts.

Until it hurt Itadori as much as it hurt him, to carry his lifeless body back to the car, while he was still bleeding out.

Tight, to make sure he is not dreaming of this, again. To make sure he is not gonna disappear once he lets go. Tight.

But he holds back.

He holds back, because there's a dozen people around them, who would look at them with curious and judging eyes. Because, Gojo sensei has that stupid smirk on his face, even if his eyes are covered, and he will not give him the pleasure.

Once the exchange event starts there's another thing in his mind, winning. He steals a few glances at the boy's profile from when he runs next to him, but once they split up, it's just, winning.

Focus Megumi.

When the cursed bud pierces his stomach, all he can think of is Itadori. Maki complains next to him, he spits blood as the roots grow larger inside of him, the cursed spirit in front of them explains why he shouldn't use more of his cursed energy. And all he can think of is Itadori.

The next few minutes are blurry, then Maki gets carried out of the river by Panda.

Itadori acts calm as he prepares to fight the special grade cursed spirit, stupidly calm.

“Wait! Not even you can-”

“Fushiguro...” He calls, cutting Megumi's words, “It's okay,” he whispers. He smiles, with his head turned towards him.

Please.

Megumi feels his heartbeat stop for an instant, eyes open wide.

Todo starts saying something, he turns to look at him, but he doesn't really process the words. He blinks slowly.

Megumi clicks his tongue, deep frown as he looks at Itadori again. His voice comes out with so much spite, pain. “If you die again, I'll kill you myself!”

Panda lifts him up, gets him out of the field and then to the infirmary. He thinks he should've hugged Itadori then.

The next day he only sees Itadori when they head towards the living room, to meet with the others. The pink haired boy smiles at him and waves his hand, Megumi waves back.

He thinks he should say something, anything. He reaches out, but his fingers barely brush the fabric of his back when he starts running towards Kugisaki, who is now much closer to the door. He sighs lowly.

The baseball game starts next, and it's over as fast as that. He pats his Jade hound's head before it melts back into the shadows.

I wanna go to fucking bed, he thinks as he walks back towards their dorms. A warm shower and heavy soft blankets, being the only reason he even moves at all. Feet dragging themselves towards the building.