Migraine

TWs: vomiting, migraine symptoms

Megumi was glad that the curse they were fighting had finally been defeated.

It wasn’t a hard curse at all, something to make sure that everyone’s skills didn’t become rusty, and to keep teamwork up. It wasn’t a long fight either, just particularly annoying for Megumi’s current situation.

The curse bled away into the air, and everyone relaxed, Yuuji immediately discussing animatedly with Nobara about the ice cream shop he wanted to try sometime, walking off in front of him to get into the car back to Jujutsu High. Megumi trailed behind, not able to deal with their loudness with how hard his head was pounding right now.

Megumi got headaches quite often, and those were mostly easy to ignore, or push through. Every once and a while he’d get a migraine, and those were so bad Megumi thinks bashing his head into a wall feels better than that.

Maybe he should test that.

Megumi took the seconds he had alone now that his friends were off on their own little world, Megumi ducked into a side alley for a few seconds, leaning against one of the brick walls. He pinched the bridge of his nose, as if that was going to make the feeling of a knife stabbing behind his eyes go away.

Nausea had been crawling up his throat for a while now too, every breath he took that was just a bit too loud making his stomach roll from the spike of pain it caused in his head. Taking breaths in through his teeth, Megumi almost groaned at the thought of having to sit in a car with two—no three, Gojo would be there too—energetic people who would be very loud.

Figuring any more time he spent in this alleyway would only serve to potentially worry his friends and teacher, which he didn’t need any of, he was fine, Megumi pushed himself off the wall and made his way to the car.

Each step felt like one of Nobara’s nail was driving its way into his skull, but Megumi managed to get in the car, wincing only slightly when the door slammed, and used a good amount of the willpower he had left to not hurl all over the passenger seat in front of him as well.

Yuuji and Nobara were chatting beside him about something, thankfully being pretty quiet, and Gojo turned around to look at Megumi.

"All good Megumi?"

Megumi nodded, not trusting himself to speak right now. The nausea still hadn't gone away. In fact his mentor’s voice only made the metaphorical spikes stabbing into his head stronger, so much so that he leaned his head forward on the seat in front of him, closing his eyes.

Gojo didn’t say anything more, which Megumi was grateful for. Maybe the man had sensed that he wasn’t exactly able to deal with talking or noise in general right now.

The rest of the drive passed in silence, and Megumi grit his teeth every sudden stop, and definitely threw up in his mouth a little when they went over a bump in the road, jolting his entire body.

Megumi bit his lip to stop the whimper of pain that tried to slip out, managing to make it bleed. It made his mouth taste quite metallic, which did absolutely nothing to help distract from his nausea.

Megumi felt a hand on his back, startling slightly.

“It’s just me.” Nobara whispered beside him, and Megumi relaxed.
Nobara kept her hand on his back, rubbing up and down along his spine gently, and Megumi was in so much pain that such a gentle touch like that was enough to make him want to cry.
His throat felt tight, tears forming in his eyes, but he didn't let them slip out. He absolutely did not feel like dealing with the fallout of that right now.