Sensory Overload

Satoru leaned his chair back with a groan. He hated meetings, they were always so boring. And the other teachers would nag him every time he had any input, assuming he wasn't taking it seriously. It wasn't his fault their discussions were so stupid, I mean, wasn't the optimal form of teaching obvious? Just give the students to the great Gojo, he can take care of them.

His students improved the most rapidly, and he was getting bored with just three, so why not transfer him a few more? Nobody agreed with this solution, though, considering his students also got injured the most frequently. They seem to attract bad luck, too. How was that because of his teaching though? It was probably just because of Sukuna. 

This was how these meetings usually went. Today, however, something felt off. Well, it used to happen a lot, but he was never really going to get used to it. His six eyes allowed him to sense everything that went on around him, everything. He was only wearing his glasses, not his blindfold, which didn't help. He watched the awfully bright overhead lamp flicker ever so slightly.

Nobody else seemed to notice. It made his eyes dry. He felt every tag on his outfit irritating his sensitive skin, exfoliating already dead skin cells and some more. He saw Utahime bouncing her leg up and down in distress, she was probably arguing with another teacher again. 

There were only three things he couldn't feel. One; he couldn't feel his lungs. He could notice every single blood cell coursing through his veins, every tensed up muscle, his unusually erratic heartbeat, but he just seemed to forget how to breathe. He tried to quietly inhale and exhale, but nothing seemed to fill his bottomless air hunger. What an inconvenience, during a meeting too. He couldn't do much about it with everyone around him, so Satoru just tried to ignore his lightheadedness from the mild hypoxia.

Two; he couldn't hear anyone. Well, he kind of could, I mean, he heard everything right now. He heard Itadori having a conversation with his friends about where they should go to eat, he heard the sand Maki and Panda were kicking around while practicing, but he couldn't make out the voices of anyone around him. They all sounded like they were underwater. He didn't want to miss any important information, but when he tried to focus, he would be met with an ear piercing ring that made his head throb. It was unbearable, he felt as though he heard everything yet nothing at all. 

Three; he couldn't feel his body. He could feel everything touching it, such as the sock around his ankle restricting a bit of blood flow, though not enough to cause any problems, but he couldn't feel him. He felt disconnected from his body. He felt as though he was the roots of a tree, he observed and absorbed everything above ground, even if it was far away, but he couldn't feel the tree itself; his physical body. He knew what was going on inside of it, and he knew what was going on outside of it. But all the nerves near his flesh just seemed to deactivate. His mind felt foggy, he could see and feel so much that he saw and felt nothing. He couldn't voluntarily move. 

Voluntarily.

Eventually, the meeting came to an end, but Gojo hadn't returned yet. Without noticing, he stood up and said his goodbyes, "well, that was boring. I'm going back to my apartment." To others, he seemed normal, but somehow, in some way, that wasn't him saying that. That wasn't him moving. That wasn't him controlling his body. It was like he was on autopilot, watching a clone of him in third person. Nanami asked him something, but he couldn't make out the words over his ears still ringing. It was agonizing, but he couldn't express that yet.

"Gojo, you seem off. A̵̮̭͕̹͒̆r̷̨̧̖͍͉͙̩̠͊́͝ę̶̡͇̺̙͚͛̅̄̇ ̷̨̳̬̰̗̣̇̌͑̐́͝ỳ̷̨̦͚͚͔̻̜̪̀͐̊́̀̂͝ͅô̵̳̘̬u̴͚̩̜̠̪͈̬̘͂̈̅̓̃͛ ̸̪̞͔͋̍̿͠o̷̧̗̾̔̀͐k̷̞̪͇̜̺̖̐̂̋́͜a̵̧̨̼͕̬̝̯͕͑̌̀y̴̦̓͌͒̅̄̀?̸̨͕̭͋̌"