Chapter 5 - Bad Feeling

(A/n): I have returned to Demon Swordsman. As much as I want to give some amazing excuse for neglecting this story, I simply lost the motivation for it on top of another feeling, which I can explain, but this would probably explain it the best:

Pov:

Me: Chapter 4 was great, time to write Chapter 5 and get things going. Nothing is going to stop me...

"Imposter Syndrome": Hi.

Me: Fuck you... Damn it.

(A/n) Continued: Anyway, that's about it. It's been months since I last wrote anything SAO-related, so bear with me in this chapter. It doesn't help there aren't any chapters about what is about to take place in this chapter, which is the 25th massacre split into two chapters. And one last thing before this chapter begins: I'm retconning the ending of the last chapter to Progressive, and if you read that, you know what I'm talking about, and if you don't, basically, Asuna and Kirito don't split up completely, so U/n, Kirito and Asuna will be together in this chapter.

March 31st, 2023, Aincrad floor 25th.

Months had gone by, and the label of Beaters had never been as tense as it is now. The term used by most of the players within Aincrad to the small population of Beta Testers who used their knowledge for their self gain. It's self-explanatory. It wasn't like it wasn't the truth either since some Beta Testers are like that—including myself to a certain extent—and keep their identity a secret to ensure the population of Aincrad doesn't cast them aside. However, we weren't as lucky as the rest of the Beta Testers, given the situation we were dealt with months ago to prevent all Beta Testers from being chastised by their status.

Truly a shitty hand dealt.

Anyway, my name is Y/n L/n, but also Y/n Yuuki, a complicated situation on the other side of this reality, the real world, but my name was U/n within the game. I want to say that I'm some heroic player who wants to save every player and does whatever I can to ensure nobody dies, only I would be lying if I did. I'm nothing like that. I don't ever see myself becoming a player like that. Why should I care about players I don't know? Would they even do the same for me if I were in a positon that needed them to save me, even if it was against a boss? That's a summary of what I think about before I make any decisions that would put my life in danger, especially now that I'm inside a VRMMO death game. It was not the game we chose to play on that fateful day months ago.

The Death Game known as Sword Art Online turned from a fun first of its creation VRMMO to an actual Death Game with our lives on the line, none of which any of us signed up for. The creator, Akihiko Kayaba, trapped the population of ten thousand players within the Death Game for some ungodly reason, telling us the only way to escape was to clear all hundred floors of the tower known as Aincrad. It seemed like an impossible task on the first floor, but after twenty-four floors, it didn't seem as impossible back then. It had taken five months, but we cleared all the way to the twenty-fifth floor of Aincrad—a quarter of the way to the apex of this impossible tall tower.

The thing about playing video games as an escape, you learn things between different games, and one of those pieces of information was that, at a certain point, things turn harder. It varies from each game, but some become harder after a checkpoint, a level threshold, a certain in game event, or a different area of a completely different level. Sword Art Online is one of a kind, but even it can't escape these cliches built into MMOs, and that is something that happened recently already.