Families

A couple of days later. Eva is spending the day at the station with the twins, Millie is at the bakery. Eva is sat with Chim engrossed in the TV, which is going on about the fire in Texas.
E: Millie is going to freak out.
Evan: Oh woah Volcano, now this crazy.
C: So crazy.
Evan: How's Millie doing?
E: Shes already on the edge this is going to send her over it.
Evan: Where's the twins??
E: Eddie and Hen are showing them round the firehouse, I think they're hoping they start taking more of it in.
C: Hey uh I wanted to ask you both about something.
Evan: Okay.
C: This might be a little too personaland none of my business, so you can tell me to go to hell--
E: Chim spit it out.
C: Whats the deal with your parents?
Evan: Uh, what do you mean?
C: Well none of you ever talk about them for starters, and I feel like i know way more about your sex life than I di about your parents.
Evan: Well that's 'cause my sex life is more interesting.
E: I do not want to hear this.
C: Its just that, Maddie barely talks about them either, or too them for that matter. And the other night, I found her all freaked out like something was wrong. She said she was scared of screwing up with our kidtge way your parents screwed up with the three of you.
Evan: She said that?
C: Kinda. I mean she wasn't specific, but she never is. She said that they're not bad people, so I'm guessing that they weren't abusive.
E: No, no,no.
Evan: No, no, they weren't. Um, they were just...absent you know?
E: Like yeah they were in the house, they were cooking meals, washing clothes, usual stuff, just... it always felt like they were a million miles away.
C: Well that must have been wierd.
Evan: Ah, I just figured they liked each other more than they liked us.
E: Well, they-- they weren't great with kids.
C: Okay so I shouldn't be worried that you guys are hiding some deep, dark Buckley family secret from me?
Evan: Nah. Just your average, run- of- the-mill dysfunctional. Hey, welcome to the family.
All: Laugh.
Eva's phone goes off.
E: And so it begins, Millie wants me home with the twins. Do me a favour help me find the four of them.
Evan: I've got a better idea, uh cap can you get on the pa system ask Diaz and Wilson to bring back my nephews thank you.
10 minutes later Eva has loaded up the twins and said goodbye to the station, she makes the 30 minute drive home.
Millie: Ahh my baby's!!!
E: Millie whats all this??
Millie: I have to go to Austin make sure I'm there for Mia after all this, do you mind?
E: Do I mind? Yeah. Am I surprised? No, I knew this was coming. Promise me you will stay safe and come back as soon as you can.
Millie: I promise, i'm sorry to leave you with both the twins.
E: Hey I would do the same of the roles were reversed. Have you checked the borders are open?
Millie: Yeah I just checked and I promise and talk of shutting the borders again I'll get out there and come back home. I'll miss you.
E: I'll miss you too. Bye, be safe, I love you!!! So Jack, James its just the three of us.
During the 118's next shift.
Hey sister do you still believe in love I wonder.
E: Hi Buck, tour on speaker whats up?
Evan: I was just wondering of you could watch Chris me and Eddie have been called to San Angelo to help with the wild fires.
E: Millie's already down there just b3 safe and of course i can have Chris.
Evan: Wait you can really handle Chris and two baby's and the bakery on your own?
E: I won't be on my own I have Albert.
Evan: I tell you what when we get back I'll get a truck load of wine your the best bye sis Carla will drop home off later.
Eddie: Bye Eva, thanks for everything.