The Pink Soldier

(Cream's POV)

I woke up after an hour-long nap to see that the others were still asleep, but I didn't want to get up since (Y/N) was sleeping right next to me. I just watched him and he just looked so cute and peaceful then I wondered if this is how my mom felt when I was a baby. While he was sleeping he stirred a little and touched me then I took this chance to slide under his arm and he just felt so warm. I pulled him a little closer to me and away from my mom, but then I noticed her arm was wrapped around his belly, so I tried to move it, only for her to hold him tighter.

Cream mind-Mom... Just give him to me! I saw him first!

It took a while, but I finally got her to let go while she was asleep still and reached behind him to scratch his back to make him give me small reactions. They were just so cute and fun to watch while he slept, but it ended when we heard a knock on the door and it woke everyone up. When (Y/N) saw what I was doing, he just got up and off the blanket while my mom stretched, gave him a small kiss then went to answer the door, but now I was kinda mad at whoever knocked on the door. When my mom opened the door I saw it was one of the high-up people in the resistance.

I quickly hid (Y/N) by taking him to my room before she could see more into our home then closed my door

I quickly hid (Y/N) by taking him to my room before she could see more into our home then closed my door. I know Sally and the others are looking for him, but we just got him back.

Cream's mind-Please, just go find someone else in his world or something. I had him first!

(Julie's POV)

I saw Vanilla looked a little groggy and her fur in some places, so maybe she just woke up from a nap. I peeked behind her leg to see there was a makeshift bed on the floor that looked big, but I didn't see her daughter or Cheese there. You would think she would go lay in her bed for a nap unless her daughter just left for her room or something... I'm overthinking this, I just need to do what I came to do.

Julie-Hey, sorry for waking you up, but I just have to ask a few questions about the kid being missing. First off, did you see anything strange lately or that bat lady known as "Rouge"?

Vanilla-Oh... Um... I'm sorry, but I have not. I thought we suspected Dr. Eggman.

Julie-We had Tails take Sonic and Knuckles with him to scout the area.

Vanilla-Oh, is that dangerous though?

Julie-We're talking about Sonic. He loves the danger and those 3 can handle a simple scout mission. Tails scans the inside for heat signatures and if more than Eggman is spotted Sonic and Knuckles go in. Simple.

Vanilla-Oh, I wish them luck them.

Julie-Mind if we take this inside for the other questions?

Vanilla-Oh, um... I prefer if we do this out here. My daughter is just feeling a little under the weather right now.

She had a look on her face with a smile that was too big and her slight pause was also suspicious. Thanks to my special training before joining the resistance I can pick up on these things. I asked the questions I was forced to ask while making up a few of my own to see if I could catch her in a lie or something. It could be nothing, but at the same time, she could be hiding something and I don't expect it to be anything too bad given her gentle, kind, and motherly nature to everyone. When I made it to my third made-up question...