Macaque had never loved a home so much.

"Dada, we got purple paint, 'MK told his Father, who nodded enthusiastically. "Baba and I made it," he says proudly.

"Oh, good choice. Are you going to paint with your Baba too?" Wukong asked. "Draw some moons?"

"Lots of moons!" Mk agreed eagerly. MK flashed a bright grin as he finished his fruit and hopped off the table, eager to begin their daily activities. He stomped his feet, the way he always did when he was excited. "Baba we go now?" he asked.

With a final crunch and swallow, Macaque savored the last bite of juicy fruit. For once, his stomach felt content and full, able to handle more than just a few bites. In his travels and recovery, food had always been an afterthought, something he couldn't spare much time for. His stomach often rebelled at too much intake, but now it seemed to be welcoming the nourishment with open arms.

Not that he looked any better than skin and bones, but it was an improvement. "We can go now," he agreed, making sure to grab Xiaotian's sippy cup, in case the boy got thirsty later.

"Gonna paint moons! And stars! And a T-rex!" the child gave a little playful roar.

"T-Rex?" Wukong asked, confused how moons and stars lead to that.

"Yes, T-Rex!" MK insisted, his eyes shining with excitement. "Baba says they're the king of dinosaurs! Like you!" He beamed up at Wukong, who tried to hide his surprise.

"Oh? I'm the King of Dinosaurs??" he smirked.

MK's tail lowered, then he gasped, "No! You the King of Monkeys! But you are a King like Dino's so-"

"You hear that Macaque?? I'm the King of Dinosaurs now~" Wukong kept going, drawing a pout from his child with his teasing. Macaque rolled his eyes, leaning back in his chair.

MK stomped his foot, "No Dada, you the King of-"
"Dino's! Rawr!" Wukong bellowed.

"Noooooo! Dada!!" MK pulled at his pant leg, "Baba, tell him!" MK's pleading eyes turned toward Macaque, as if seeking support in his argument. His little fists balled up at his sides with pure frustration, cause clearly his Dada wasn't getting it.

Macaque, however, simply chuckled from his seat, looking over the edge of his tea cup at the amusing scene. He was far from wanting to intervene between the playful banter of father and son, especially when it was clear that Wukong was getting a kick out of the whole situation.

"Your Dada is just playing with you," he reassured MK, "You can paint him as both a dinosaur king and a monkey king if you'd like."

MK perked up, then turned and stuck his tongue at Wukong, who stuck it right back.

Wukong couldn't help but chuckle at his son's infectious enthusiasm, and he stood up himself, stretching his arms above his head, "Well, while you two are doing that, I'll go do some gardening."

MK's pout changed to surprise, "Dada isn't coming to paint too?"

"Three painters might be a bit of a crowd," Wukong insisted. "Besides, someone has to go pick the carrots today." he smirked when his son reeled back in disgust.

"Ew," he grumbled.

Wukong leaned closer, teasingly whispering, "Super ew,"

"Vegetables are important," Macaque cleared his throat, making the two flinch and peek at him. They made matching faces of disgusted disagreement. Macaque tried not to react to just how similar the two all too often were. Adorably similar...

"I don't like carrots," MK mumbled. Eager to leave his Father to that fate instead of himself, he happily waved, "Bye bye Dada!" MK jumped to salute his Father goodbye in his horrible mission.