"Okay~" MK giggled.

Macaque lifted the boy back onto the ground and took a step back. "I'm heading out now, Moondrop," he said, preparing to give the child a kiss goodbye. But as he leaned down, MK quickly slipped between his legs, his mood changing like a coin flipping in mid-air.

"No! I don't want to sleep!" he declared as he knuckle-ran into the living room.

"Wha- Bud, no no, time for bed." Wukong huffed, chasing after him.

After a few more minutes, the duo finally succeeded in getting MK settled into bed. He was snuggled up in layers of blankets and groggily gazed at them as they stroked his hair and softly sang him lullabies. Wukong lay beside MK as Macaque crouched on the edge of the bed, both giving him gentle kisses on the forehead. Macaque then kissed the little hand that was holding onto his, gently removing his fingers when Xiaotian had fallen asleep.

The two of them exchanged a tired glance, silently acknowledging the challenges they had faced. Macaque quietly mentioned, "I'll stop by for breakfast."

"Sounds good. See you then." Wukong replied with a wave, stifling a yawn.

True to his word, Macaque showed up the following day with a handful of fruit. The sound of scampering and running feet alerted him to Wukong and Xiaotian's presence long before he even reached the front door. A familiar scene played out as Wukong chased after the mischievous monkey prince yet again.

"You need pants!"

"No!"

Knowing he didn't need to knock, Macaque opened the door just as Xiaotian was making a break for it.

He was in nothing but a single sock and a shirt half over his rounded tummy. Freezing when he ran into Macaque's knees, he gawked up at his Baba.

"Oh! Baba!" the child grinned, falling back onto his bottom. Wukong huffed as he scooped the now docile cub up, shimming on the boy's shorts and setting him back down. MK attached himself to Macaque's leg a second later, "Breakfast??" he asked, eyeing the basket in Macaque's hands.

Wukong huffed, hands on his hips. Of course their child was mellow only now that they were both here.

"I brought fruit," As Macaque's dark eyes flickered up at Wukong, he presented him with a basket filled with various fruits. The King's golden fur was a disheveled mess of curls. Wukong quickly ran a hand through it to try and tame the wild strands. With a sheepish smile, he gestured for Macaque to come in.

Stepping inside, Macaque overlooked the disaster of the room. It hadn't looked this way when he left last night, so it seems MK had woken up with the full intention of making Wukong's morning life a struggle.

Another day, another new thing for Xiaotian to fight them against. It wasn't as if the child was moody either.

Example being right now. He was happy and chirping, crawling over both of them on the table and talking their ears off. If he had woken up in a grumpy mood it might explain his rejection to basic tasks, but he wasn't, so why was he acting like this?

"Baba, we gonna paint today?" MK asked as he ate his fruit. He tilted his head when Wukong had reached over to clean his chin with his thumb.

"The paint is ready, so we can," Macaque nodded. He had claimed a space for himself in one of the buildings on the southern side of the temple. Their current project was to add a fresh coat of paint to the interior. Once they had filled any holes in the walls and brought in new furniture, it was time to liven up the dull, chipped colors.

MK was constantly going in and out of the building ever since Macaque moved in, eager to see what his Baba was up to and offer his help in any way possible. Seeing how barren and empty the house was, he even brought in his own little "decorations". With a handful of tacks, he adorned the lower walls of the rooms with pictures. The photos cascaded from the floor up to a few feet high, as that was as far as his little arms could reach.