She couldn't see his face clearly but his yellowish golden eyes shone brightly in the dark forest and before she could open her mouth to say anything she heard him say something that left her dumbfounded.

“ Mate ”

And then she woke up.

༺♡༻

....At the cafe....

“ Hey... Did you hear what I said ” chloe said waving her hand at to get her attention who was lost in thoughts in her own world.

“ Huh ? What did you say, sorry I wasn't listening ” Ashina said as she turned to face Chloe and she stuffed some popcorn into her mouth.

“ What were you thinking ” She asked.

“ Nothing ” Ashina answered while shaking her head.

“ Was it about that dream again ” Bel asked as she chewed on her chocolate and Ashina stared at her but didn't say anything.

“ It is, right ” Chloe asked again and Ashina slowly nodded her head.

“ You saw him again, didn't you ? ” Chloe asked.

“ Yeah and he kept on saying the same words ” Ashina said “ He kept calling me ‘ Mate ’ in the dream ”

“ I've told you that can only mean one thing ” Bel said and Ashina rolled her eyes.

“ Oh please don't say that ” She said.

“ But I haven't said anything ”

“ I can never be a mate to a werewolf, those horrible cruel creatures ” Ashina said and this time Bel rolled her eyes.

“ Was it because your parents were killed by the werewolves ”

“ Bel ? ” Chloe glared at her for bringing up Ashina’s deceased parents.

“ What ? ” Bel said.

“ Yes, that's the reason why. Those animals took my parents away from me and there's no way I'm ever going to be a mate to a werewolf ” Ashina said even though she knew that nothing she did was ever going to change the fact that her mate was a werewolf and the dream was just a sign.

“ But it's your fate and every girl wished to be the mate of a werewolf and an alpha at that ” Bel said.

“ Me too... I wished to be the mate of a handsome werewolf ” Chloe said and then she pouted her lips “ But too bad I can't get one for myself ”

“ Well not me... I rather prefer a hot looking vampire guy, they are much tamed than those cruel werewolves ” Ashina said with a scoff.

“ You mean a hot guy like that one sitting over there ” Chloe said pointing at a guy who sat alone at the far end of the cafe with his phone in his hands and Ashina followed her line of sight and saw who she was pointing at and her eyes got wide slightly.

“ Jeez, oh my God... Who. is. that ” She asked and Chloe giggled lightly.

“ Well, that my friend is the hottest new guy in school I was telling you about some minutes ago while you were busy thinking about your dream ” She said.

“ Oh my God, he's so cute ” Ashina said already dripping and for a moment she saw the guy turn to look at her direction and both their eyes met for a brief moment but she quickly looked away.

Red eyes ??

A vampire ??

“ He's a vampire too....” Bel said admiring her new nails.