Chapter One

Rafe's right arm was slanked around my shoulder as his other was holding a drink. His dark shades covered his blue eyes that were sensitive to the summer sunlight.

"Dang dude this is nuts," Topper spoke as he saw the state of the backyard.

"Agatha's a bitch." Rafe said.

"A bitch." I repeated as I took in the mess around us.

Topper mumbled about something but I wasn't really listening until I heard "semi automatic pointed at your head."

"Wait wait what?" I cut the boys off.

"Yeah," Kelce chuckled and Topper finished, "Some Pogues last night." "Who- what Pogues?" My concerned tone filled their ears.

"John B and JJ."

"No they wouldn't," I shook my head.

"Well they did."

"What would you know about John B and JJ?" Rafe said quietly, looking at me. "You know I used to be friends with them." I replied annoyed at the situation. I had always hated the Kooks and the Pogues drama. Who cares how much money you have. I never understood why everyone can't just get along.

"All I'm saying is that's freaking insane."

"They're frickin' Pogues man," Rafe said as he smirked at me.

"You know you should get a piece. You gotta fight fire with fire and defend the homestead. Right?" "Yeah." "Better than being caught without one." "I-I'm gonna get him back, all right? I'm making it a little project of mine."

"Don't do anything stupid Top," I said. "I won't do anything stupid Georgia."

"Yo that's Sarah," Kelce said as we turned the corner. The girl was down by the water talking to a small girl. I shrugged Rafe's arm off of me as I ran down to meet the girl.

"Hey Sarah!"

"Hey Gg!" She replied as she shot me one of her famous smiles. "I'm going out to get her stuffed animal," she said.

"There's all these open wires Sarah I don't think-"

"Come on Gg," she said rolling her eyes, "I'm agile." She started walking down the plank.

"Hey, there's 14,000 volts in those wires," a woman yelled from the back porch. "Hey Sarah be careful," Topper yelled down to his girlfriend. "Sarah, get down now!" Rose was now also yelling at her step daughter. "Rose calm down, I'm an athlete."

I watched Sarah stumble across, "If you die, I die." I said as I started following the girl across the wood planks.

"Georgia get down," Rafe yelled from behind. I didn't listen to him, I looked behind me and sent him a smirk and a wink in return. "When I tell your dad-" Rose continued to shout down to us. Sarah grabbed my hand as she yelled "I see her." Sarah's foot slipped and she fell into the boat bringing me down with her. We both shrieked and then felt relieved once we both realized we were still alive.

"Georgia!" Rafe yelled as he ran down closer to where we were Topper close behind him. Sarah swung the cord with a smile on her face. "It's disconnected," I said as I laughed at the boy's reactions. "Topper you should see your face," Sarah said as she stood up. "Sorry that I care-" Topper started speaking again but I drowned him out. I had my eyes locked upon Rafe who was looking at me with an annoyed expression. I ran back to the shore and straight up into his arms. "You are an idiot, Georgia Astor." "You know you love me," I said as I planted a peck on his cheek. I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the scene.

"I'll see you later Sarah!" I yelled down waving. Rafe gave a nod to the boys and we both turned away as we walked out to Rafe's truck.

"I cannot believe they had a gun last night."