Mentoring and Well Flirting

Hey guys please VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!

River's P.O.V.

I can't believe she's gone, I thought that I would get to say goodbye. But I couldn't. Yes I like her a lot. But she doesn't have a crush on me. I'm gonna sponsor her. The Ember Wardens said that I couldn't say goodbye. So they dragged me out. I'm praying everyday that she stays safe. She was my best friend in fifth grade. Me and her would like say stuff rudely but say "In a nice way". To show like "Haha, I didn't mean that".

"River, Earth to River," my little sister named Nevah, tells in my ear.

"What?"

"RIVER AND NEVAH GET DOWNSTAIRS!"

Oh great...

Quinn's P.O.V.

7:47, Saturday, July 9th

I lay down on my bed. I'm finally in the Capitol. After hours on that train a nice bed is like the world to me.

I look around, now this room is pretty classy. Like it's clean and comfy. Weird, considering the train ride. Maybe this is some prank and it turns out that we have to sleep outside. But I'll enjoy this room while I have it.

I stare at the wall. I could kill myself, but Arya, and everyone. I wouldn't do that to my family. I can't. But it would be satisfying to see the look on the president's face. 

Then I get out of bed to look around. My knees are sore, and I see bruises from where I fell, some of them are black. The others are purple. I walk over to my window, the window panes are various shades of gold. And the window shades are metal. Cold. Freezing cold. Then I unlock the latch. There's a net. So I fiddle around, until it becomes loose. Then I punch it open. 

Easy, I can climb out, this'll be my hideout, or if I'm lucky I can escape. Then someone opens the door, "Is anyone-" She stops when she sees me, "You poor thing, are you Quinn Lewis? Well I'll be your maid. And you need to get cleaned up. Oh and my name is Hope."

"Um, yes I'm Quinn. And I don't want a maid."

"Honey, we're forced. Us maids were kidnapped during the war, but never given back. I had a husband, I was pregnant, but when I had her, they sent her away. I believe in district five. I never got to hold her. But anyways," she said shaking her head. She had a pale face, like it was happening all over again. But then she put her smile back on her face, "I need to get you ready. You've got to meet your teacher well they call them mentors tonight."

"Uh, okay, who is my mentor?"

"His name is Sam, and he's a year younger than Anthony. It's sad when the mentors are younger than the tributes. He's two years older than you. But lets get you ready."

So she takes me into my bathroom and tells me to shower while she gets the things ready for me. So I get in the shower and there's a shampoo that says pineapple and orange smoothie. So I used it and a different conditioner said hair strengthening, so I used it. So I got out of the shower and put on a silk bathrobe. It felt so soft against my skin. Then I walk out and see Hope standing out there, she's smiling at the window. Her deep green eyes seem so happy. Like I've never seen them before. Then she quickly turns around and looks at me, "Oh you're ready?"

"Yeah, do you want me to put on my outfit right now?"

"No, no, It's best your hair dries and gets in the hairdo first. Lemme get started," Hope tells me, she sits me down and starts doing my hair. She makes two braids in the front. And then pulls some out and hangs them out. My hair is naturally curly. So it curled on its own. Then she pulled some more hair and did way bigger braids and connected them in the back. I stare at myself. What did I do to deserve all of this crap?