The Reaping

Hey guys please VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!

12:36 pm, Friday, July 8th

I'm walking into our car, a black minivan, a 2010 Honda. My brother, Noah looks at me, the fear in his face haunts me. I look at him back. His brown eyes widened, we see people being hung. I hear the bloody screams of them and their children. A noise I will never forget. Then I see a boy, he has white blonde hair and a skinny body, and what looks like green eyes. He looks at me. He mouths, "Good luck kid" I mouth back, "Thanks, you too."

Then my dad says, "Guys don't worry. Just be quiet. Okay?" Yeah sure dad, that helps. I look at my cousin Oliver, his sad blue eyes have true fear in them.

"M-Mo-Mom, why is he being hung..." my brother asks. He has my mom's skin color, her hair color. But my dad's eyes. He also has her personality. That's what his weakness is, too... trusting. But my bad personality is that I'm too judgmental. But I also know what people's weaknesses are, just by clues, that's how I lose my friends. I tell them what their weaknesses are, and well, people don't like that.

"I don't know sweetie, but don't worry, you're safe," my mom reassures him. But the truth is, we'll never be safe. As long as the Games are around. No one who has faith in Jesus, is safe at all. 

My aunt; my mom's sister, moved away to California, but her and uncle are safe. I'm never going to forgive them. Never. I don't want to talk about it. It damages me, every day. It makes me depressed. I look back outside, I see them. The community group. Technically we aren't supposed to see them, it's kinda illegal now, that Christians are being thrown into an arena to fight to the death. This will be the very first game. No one knows what to expect.

12:58 pm, Friday, July 8th

"Guys get Luca out of the car, I'm going to help Sawyer," My mom tells us, her eyes are tired. I mean who can blame her, her kids are about to be thrown into a reaping and praying for their lives. And if one of us gets reaped, well she has to watch die. Get slaughtered. And all of that stuff. I'm praying Jesus will save me. 

"QUINN!" I hear a yell coming from the community group kids. But it's not one voices but two. I see Ellie and Scarlet coming towards me. Ellie is blonde and Scarlet is a reddish brown head. Me and Scar have been friends since the pandemic (COVID-19). We met when I was seven. So like the beginning of the pandemic. Ellie is only ten, she is the only girl in the family, me and her well we have been friends since I was ten. Now I'm fourteen. But going into the reaping starts at eleven. So Ellie isn't going to be part of it. Luckily. I'm going to do everything I can to protect my family and friends. Anything. But sadly, Arya is eleven. So, I'm so scared. More scared then I could have ever imagined. Scarlet is twelve or thirteen, I forget.

"Ellie, Scarlet!" I shout, but with less enthusiasm. 

"Quinn, I'm so scared. I thought they made you guys move already I was so scared," Scarlet tells me. I was actually late because it took my uncle awhile to get ready. But I won't tell them. Then I look at the boys, I see one of them. He never went to community group. Then I recognize him, he's Carter's friend, Ben. He was nice to me. He was a nice kid. I liked to hang out. Then I see Carson, Gavin, Colton, and Aiden. Aiden is the youngest. Then I realized the Ares (Pronunciation: Airs). They were a nice family.

"May the odds be ever in your favor," Colton jokes, I look at him. It's like a joke to him, isn't it? My cousin could die in that arena, and it's a joke? Now I don't take things lightly, and I can be over dramatic, but for good reason.

"Colton, I know you like to make really hurtful and stupid jokes, but that doesn't make you funny. No likes it," Jack looks at me, "Well people in their right mind don't like it."