Heading to the Capitol

Hey guys please VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!

5 years earlier

"Mommy, where do you go when you die?"

"Oh, you go to heaven, with Jesus and God, just like your Paul."

3:06 pm, Friday, July 8th

Arya is staring at me, she looks like she is about to die. I try to scream but nothing comes out of my mouth. Then I feel my voice come back, "I volunteer!" Then my voice drops to low mumble, "I volunteer as tribute!"

Everyone stares at me, then Petunia stares at me like I'm some psychopath. I look at her and start to head near the stage. Then I hear Arya, "Quinn! Quinn, please, don't leave me here! Please."

I look at her sad blue ocean eyes, she looks at my deep brown eyes. I shake my head. I can't watch her die. I won't watch her die. And walk up the stage. Petunia looks at me with a fake smile. It makes me want to scream. People act like you will be fine when you won't.

"Well, come on dear," she tells me, she offers me her blue gloved hand. I don't take it, I would never. I want to cry, sob, and scream. 

I finally make it to where she wants me to stand. In the center, where the microphone is. Everyone stares at me. I see my parents, my mom is quietly sobbing, while my dad just looks the other way. Then I see Scarlet, she meets my eyes, she takes one quick look then looks at the ground. Then I look at the boys, the boys who know me look confused. Like who is that girl, that can't be her, right?  I'm tempted to say something. But it wouldn't come out right.

"What's your name dear?" Petunia asks me, smiling with the biggest and stupidest smile I've ever seen. 

"Quinn Lewis," I tell her, well I tell the world.

"A friend of that girl?"

"No, she's my cousin."

"Oh okay, well everyone give here a round of applause for our first tribute of The Ember Games!"

And as expected, no one does, everyone just stares at me, I stare right back.

"Well, lets see who our male tribute will be, we are running low on time," She trots over to the boy box and sticks her hand inside and shuffles around for a moment, then grabs a name. "And for the boys it will be, Anthony Drew!"

Then I saw him, the same boy who said, Good luck kid, to me. He looks like he just won a medal. He starts walking towards the stage. He looks at me and gives me a pat on the back. Wow, he must be 6'5, at least. He waves to the crowd. Almost like he's . . . happy. But of course he is, he's tall and handsome. No wonder.

"Alright, these are the tributes from district 6! Have a very great Ember Games! And may the sparks fly as you fight in the arena!"

But the only thing you can hear is the whimpering of the parents, and the murmuring of the children. Then I see Arya. Still hiding behind my uncle. It's breaking my heart. I see Colton, Carter, and Jack looking at me.

Then the guards lead us out into a building titled, "District Six Tribute Room". What a name. I roll my eyes, they could do way better than that.

She walks me into a small enclosed room, I sit down on the bench, it's covered in silk. Red silk. With flower pillows. I lay down and then started crying. What did I do to deserve this? I just wanted a normal life. 

Then I hear a knock at the door. I look over and see the people in my community group come in.

"Seven minutes," the guard tells us. He has black hair.