Party Hard

"'Cause we will never listen to your rules (No)/ We will never do as others do (No) / Know what we want, and we get it from you / Do what we like, and we like what we do." 

Party Hard, Andrew W.K.

School's only been back in session for less than a month, and already, every week feels longer than the last

I've managed to avoid any more run-ins with the Benjamins, so I can't complain too much. But, apart from a few low-level deeds, taking down Dylan Baker was the high point of my week. Or, at least, I thought it would be—but still, five days later, it's all anyone can talk about. This damn school. This damn town—the whole place is football obsessed. There was so much concern for how the team would fare without Baker rather than concern a star athlete was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Literally.

There's been no talk of any further investigation, which is wild to me. I mean, if anyone truly believes Baker wasn't sharing those test scores with his teammates, they're dumber than Dylan.

These are the thoughts that swirl in my head as I boot up my computer. While most juniors spend their Friday nights at the Lot, drinking, making out and trying to elevate their social status with the Benjamins, I spend mine alone in my room perusing the Dirty Deeds inbox.

Running a secret business takes a lot of time. If it weren't for Calvin, I don't know if I'd ever have been able to maintain the site and get my schoolwork done. He handles all the backend stuff and a lot of the admin work, which gives me the time to execute on the requests.

Each Friday at 7 PM sharp, I boot up my iBook and hop online, where I'm greeted by the same email:

From: DirtyD33ds@hotmail.com

To:  Big.Wolfie.Is.Watchinghotmail.com

Subject: Status update

Dearest Wolfie,

Here are the Deeds for the upcoming week. I expect a good chunk of pay for this list. It looks like Junior year is gearing up to be the sketchiest yet. There are a lot of breakup requests—easy enough, so I figured I'd take those on. But as you'll see below, a few interesting requests offer some major $$$ for your services.

As always, I am here to serve. *Tips hat virtually*

~ Nomad ~

———

— Amber Soto needs a call interception from Principle Caruthers

— Alex Mantle is looking for a fake romance partner with the hope of drawing Ginny Washington's attention

— Lou Fields needs a test adjustment

Lately, Calvin's been sending me interesting requests. We've never agreed to every email that comes in. I'm not some criminal mastermind. When I first started this site, I was in a rough place. I felt like I'd been burned at the stake, condemned by lies drenched in jealousy wrapped in some good old-fashioned misogyny. I decided if it was a witch people were after, I'd become the one to haunt their dreams.