Chapter 8

Hi all!

I'm gonna start updating on a Saturday now because something ALWAYS comes up on a Friday, making me late.

Please look forward to it and keep commenting 🫶🏾
                        ***

Tobias Miller's POV

"Why don't you just take her out on a regular date?! Kwasia!" Aaliyah says.

"She's right. That's very pussy of you" Donovan chimes in.

"I'll hang up this call right now!" I threaten.

I'm on a catchup FaceTime call with my siblings and I'm telling them about Ziva.

They're asking me why I don't have the balls to ask her on a 'real' date.

I'm having to remind them that I struggle with social cues and should this go to shit, I risk her possibly poisoning our entire family.

Aaliyah says that she doubts that Ziva has the capacity to ruin her own business like that and Donovan is calling my bluff immediately.

They know I'm just terrified of rejection.

And Ziva has an extremely strong work ethic.

I'd hate to throw her off because I'm being hasty.

So I have decided to wait.

My dad's birthday surprise is in a couple of weeks and I will ask her when it's done.

Since Aaliyah decided to do an unsettling level of stalking, using only Ziva's first and last name, they both now know what she looks like.

I didn't want to look through her social media because I plan on being fucking normal and asking her for it myself.

But according to Aaliyah she's exactly my type.

As if I didn't fucking know that.

Donovan thinks we'd look good together and I want them both to get off my nyash, so I change the subject.

"Did you and Briar end up picking a location?" I ask and immediately my brother bites the bait.

My older sister rolls her eyes at how easily distracted he is, but listens anyway.

He's taking her to Indonesia because apparently she has always wanted to go.

Every year, Donovan takes Briar on a vacation somewhere.

Just the two of them for about a week.

My parents will babysit the kids, which they are always happy to do.

Donovan yaps on about how much he loves his wife and how excited she's going to be and I let my mind drift a safe distance away, so I can think about Ziva.

I've got our date this evening planned out perfectly.

I'll pick her up and we'll go to dinner and we'll talk over the details.

I wonder what I will wear?

I should tell her where we're going.

It's not too fancy but it's nice enough.

I'd rather not scare her off.

I snap back into the conversation and Donovan is still talking about the holiday.

"Donny" I cut in.

"Yeah" he says.

"I gotta go. I'll talk to you guys later" I say, signing off.