Assault Rifles and Superpowers

Start from the beginning

But Y/n was still the most beautiful person he had ever seen.

Wait, Jimin. Calm down.

Zora gave him the bottle of cream since he had already gone through his previous one. He had explained to the Fleet he had tussled with zealots, and it was like he had been forced to sit around a campfire and recite a ghost story. Pirates rarely ran into zealots, apparently. Whenever it happened, it was an iconic event. It didn't feel iconic. It hurt. Ouchie ouchie.

"Thanks, Zor. But hey, stop jacking up your prices, I want a neuroamp one day," Jimin said as he flicked a hundred credits her way. "You got one for persuasion?"

Zora rolled her eyes. "Like you need it. The price is supposed to be 120. I'm already letting you rob me blind."

Jimin smirked as he snatched the bottle off the counter. "If you get me a neuroamp, it'll be 80 next time."

"Men," she said with a sigh. "Get going, Jazz wants you."

"Who doesn't?"

"Uh, no," Jazz said. "He's not my type. I'm not exactly into men."

"Worth a try." Jimin paused to point at Zora. "I'm coming for that neuroamp."

Ah, neuroamps. They were implants that could boost a person's cognitive ability. Designed by Ryujin Industries on Neon, they were mostly for the rich only, and that was for the best. If the general public got their hands on such power, it'd be devasting. The implants made certain parts of you enhanced, such as your persuasion skills or intimidation. Jimin didn't know the science behind it because he was kind of dumb, but he knew he'd be at least ten times hotter if he got one.

Jimin pushed off the counter and approached Jazz, the ship technician who had her hair in a tight bun so often he was surprised her hairline wasn't fucked. Seeing as she was the person keeping the Key in one piece, he had to respect her. Jimin's limited knowledge of ships informed him that maintenance was far from simple. If she could keep an entire station together, he didn't doubt her abilities.

"The ComSpike is ready, my team is installing it on your ship as we speak," Jazz said, and she showed her tablet to him so he could see the small module. It'd be mounted to the top of his ship, and it was a jutting metal half-circle that looked like a tiddy without a nipple. It could track even the most advanced transponders, including the Legacy's. "Next is the Conduction Grid. Shinya's still working on that, but he's almost done. The Grid is more important, so he's taking his time to make sure it's right. Believe it or not, we don't want to fry you."

Jimin chuckled. "Glad to know I've made a good impression."

"I don't know how, all you do is drink and flirt."

"Do pirates do anything other than drink and kill people? Come on, I think I'm fitting right in."

Jazz sighed. "Fair enough. Come on, let's get to Shinya to go over the plan one last time."

Jimin followed Jazz to Reckoner's Core. Although Jimin had some time before he had to risk his life aboard the Legacy, it wasn't enough to get comfortable around the Key. He had been trying to introduce himself to as many pirates as he could. Most were stoic but welcomed him, others were ecstatic that a rook had actually made it past the Suvorov trial. It made Jimin feel special. Considering the literal universe spoke to him, he didn't know why he needed pirates to make him feel special, but meh, Jimin was a complicated guy.

Reckoner's Core was empty since most of the pirates were in the gym. Granted, the gym was literally connected to Reckoner's Core, but oh well, his point remained. It was quiet except for the occasional grunts he heard coming from the exercise room he could see from his position. The doors were open and showed all the pirates working out. Hoseok was in there. Despite how he was exercising, he still wore his scarf and heavy pirate gear. No wonder why he could one-hand an AA-99.